Bandsaw on it's last gasp
Looking at new ones and I like the idea of two speed. Some even have 4 speed seems like overkill for what I do. Looking at Jet, Laguna and Grizzly. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks
What's your budget and intended purpose?
(05-01-2018, 08:53 PM)gear jammer Wrote: Looking at new ones and I like the idea of two speed. Some even have 4 speed seems like overkill for what I do. Looking at Jet, Laguna and Grizzly. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

I like Lagunas bandsaws but greatly dislike their Customer service.  I also really like the Rikon bandsaws now also and they have some great ones with a lot of hp to go with them and great customer service.  They have a 3 year or 5 year warrantee.
The Grizzly I have is a really great bandsaw and this one below would do you a great job.  Only thing with Grizzly is 1 year warrantee.

I forgot the link
Slap

http://www.grizzly.com/products/17-Bandsaw-2-HP/G0513

http://www.grizzly.com/products/14-2-HP-...dsaw/G0457
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I have a Laguna and like it a lot. I have the 16HD and I do wish the table were a bit bigger but it's not been as issue. I haven't had the need to contact customer support so I don't have an opinion on that.

Frank
I don't see a bandsaw ever wearing out as long as new bearings, wheels or covers and misc parts can be had. Set it out front and I'll pick it up.
Wink

The Laguna is one of my favorite to look at.
I have this Grizzly.  It is beefy and works great but is probably overkill, especially in terms of price:

Attached Files Image(s)

(05-02-2018, 06:56 PM)NC Jim Wrote: I have this Grizzly.  It is beefy and works great but is probably overkill, especially in terms of price:

Jim

That is the one I have and I really like it.  However, when one of the guys had the bandsaw blade dismount on him and it taken a big chunk out of the lower tire.  I found the tire can not be replaced but the whole wheel has to be replaced.
No
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

I'd like to upgrade my 14" Delta w/ riser to a 19" Grizzly.  Alas two challenges have prevented this from happening:
1) My bandsaw has been a problem free machine and has proved adequate for all my woodworking needs, and
2) How the heck am I gonna get this 14" bandsaw out of my basement?  
Slap  
[Image: IMG_1855.jpg]

Cian - adding no value whatsoever
(05-02-2018, 09:48 PM)Cian Wrote: I'd like to upgrade my 14" Delta w/ riser to a 19" Grizzly.  Alas two challenges have prevented this from happening:
1) My bandsaw has been a problem free machine and has proved adequate for all my woodworking needs, and
2) How the heck am I gonna get this 14" bandsaw out of my basement?  
Slap  
[Image: IMG_1855.jpg]

Cian - adding no value whatsoever

Cian

Just put an ad saying FREE Almost new Delta well cared for bandsaw in basement must haul out to get it. 
Smirk
Laugh

I'm looking to stay around a $1ooo to 1200. I don't do much resawing.

My old craftsman I bought 2nd hand and it has served me well. The cuts had been dead on. The spokes in the wheels are cracking. I'm quilty of not letting the tension off the blade.

I leaning toward the 17 inch grizzly but I have not gone  any farther than thought about it.