Bandsaw on it's last gasp
(05-03-2018, 09:14 PM)gear jammer Wrote: I'm looking to stay around a $1ooo to 1200. I don't do much resawing.

My old craftsman I bought 2nd hand and it has served me well. The cuts had been dead on. The spokes in the wheels are cracking. I'm quilty of not letting the tension off the blade.

I leaning toward the 17 inch grizzly but I have not gone  any farther than thought about it.

If you see both links I shown you will be quite pleased!!
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(05-01-2018, 08:53 PM)gear jammer Wrote: Looking at new ones and I like the idea of two speed. Some even have 4 speed seems like overkill for what I do. Looking at Jet, Laguna and Grizzly. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

I bought a new Laguna bandsaw.  After I assembled it, I did a test cut, and had a blade guide problem that wiped a brand new 1/2" Timberwolf blade.  I called Laguna customer service in CA, and a new set of four guides and a "premium" 1/2 blade were at my door in Florida in less than 48 hours.  That was accompanied by a personal cell phone number for the customer service rep who assisted me, asking me to contact him directly if I had any more problems.  I've been using the saw for four months, and it is very impressive.  I think that customer service problems are a thing of the past at Laguna.