Brush Control
Keep it mowed and trimmed. With little to no leaves/foliage the plants usually die off.
Honeysuckle isn't "most" plants...
(05-05-2018, 02:23 PM)JosephP Wrote: Honeysuckle isn't "most" plants...

I fully agree!  Joe, thank you for your advice.  I bought a gallon of the RM43 brand total vegetation control, which is 43.68% glyphosate, from Tractor Supply.  Since I cut down all the woody shrubs, what I'm mostly dealing with now are all the sprouts popping back up at what looks like 2-3 time the quantity that was previously there.  Since they are small sprouts, I think this will definitely take care of them.  For the stubby woody stumps that remain, I'll use my loppers and put a fresh cut on them and then douse the cut with the spray.

I really want to get this under control so I can replace some area with a couple smaller trees.
Rather than deal with a brick & mortar store like TSC, I've had better results dealing with a local ag company that sells spray materials and does custom spraying. Crop production services is one.

They can supply what JosephP recommends.

Ed
I have 4 acres that were pretty rough when we moved in - lots of Multi-floral rose. Best bet is to cut it down and then just mow it regularly, after a couple years it will expend the energy it has left in the roots and die. If that is too slow for you, or its an area you can't/won't mow regularly then I use a brush killer brand name of Crossbow - it kills EVERYTHING brushy in one application. For small areas/problem shoots I have done the straight Roundup and brush routine, and that is effective as well.
I have had good luck with double strength Round-up. cut them back and hit them with chemicals afterward and it should do the job.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
(05-07-2018, 08:58 AM)messmaker Wrote: I have had good luck with double strength Round-up. cut them back and hit them with chemicals afterward and it should do the job.
I am confused. I thought Roundup is absorbed through the leaves, with no carry-over.
Normally Roundup is taken in through the leaves. That is where the recommendation to use it between 1% and 3% comes in. Most containers that come in a higher concentration do have a label for cut stump treatment. It does a decent job with that. But as I mentioned above I think others do a better job. Especially triclopyr. Note that crossbow is a low concentration of triclopyr with some 2 4D added in to try to make it effective with that lower concentration. I have found Garlon to be better than crossbow. But it is more expensive.
Brush hogging is probably the way to go if you want to avoid nuking the plants. Eventually you'll get them down to the point of no return.

Last year I sealed my driveway and prior to that, I used regular Roundup along the edge to kill the grass that was growing through the edge of the asphalt. I was very careful about application but the Roundup obliterated all of the grass going back about 6 inches from the edge of the driveway. 

My front yard has several massive oak trees (80'+) and they routinely drop hundreds of acorns in the yard. Many of them sprout, and I simply mow over them until they run out of energy. It's a never-ending war since the trees keep making more. It's not like I can pull up each acorn individually and it wouldn't even be practical to do so since they're just coming right back.
(05-07-2018, 09:08 AM)srv52761 Wrote: I am confused. I thought Roundup is absorbed through the leaves, with no carry-over.
That is correct. I have found that it also works on freshly cut foliage. I clear  and maintain building lots. I attack it several ways. Push it over with a tractor/loader,chain saw, axe, but Roundup is  great on the small stuff.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.