Lazarus Handplane

This happens to be my 250th hand plane build... Learned a few things along the way, but still a work in progress.

250 3 by Lazarus 13, on Flickr

250 15 by Lazarus 13, on Flickr

250 13 by Lazarus 13, on Flickr

250 4 by Lazarus 13, on Flickr
  Re: Lazarus Handplane by Lazarus13 (This happens to be m...)
Nice, this one looks more simplistic compared to some of your other planes. Almost reminds me of the Millers Fall Buck Rogers plane; probably the reddish wood. I really like it. How thick is the sole?
  Re: RE: Lazarus Handplane by Scoony (Nice, this one looks...)
(05-05-2018, 07:38 PM)Scoony Wrote: Nice, this one looks more simplistic compared to some of your other planes. Almost reminds me of the Millers Fall Buck Rogers plane; probably the reddish wood.  I really like it. How thick is the sole?

3/8th''
I like!..... Clean. Sweet. Purposeful. Simple.
Bruce
That is VERY striking and would love to try it.  Great work on it buddy. Yes
It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

Hi, I'm Arlin's proud wife! His brain trma & meds-give memory probs and has pain from injuries, but all is well materially & financially.  
Beautiful tool. I like the chamfered edges on the blade. Well done.
I love the look of that one. It's got simpler, cleaner lines than some of your other planes, and personally that aesthetic really appeals to me. Your attention to detail on this plane is really superb, from the vanishing chamfer (don't know what else to call it) on the front of the body to the shaping of the tote.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop