Need cleaner recommendation for prefinished flooring
I use Bona, with a Oreck floor polisher.
Nice job and easy.
Not sure if I would spend $300 for a new one, but for $30, for a used one...
FYI. Don't use a vacume with a rotating brush.
I removed the brush from one of our Oreck vacumes, and it works fine.
I sound like a like an Oreck commercial!
Sister recommended them. Find in thrift stores for $15 - $30.
They're light and easy to use.
A vacume pro, told be if you want a decient vac, be sure it uses a bag.
What were we talking about!
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Prefinished flooring is almost certainly going to have aluminum oxide in the finish. Aluminized finishes are increasingly common - they are hard and scratch-resistant, but when they do scratch they will show up as a white powdery scratch (if a single scratch) or a dull whitish patch (if scrubbed with a scouring pad). Though they are urethane-based, they end up creating a fairly thick film on the wood, so you should treat it like you're cleaning plastic rather than wood.

I just use Swiffer pads because they work well (the Wet Jet, anyway). No reason to get anything unique for wood.
(05-08-2018, 10:21 AM)FS7 Wrote: Prefinished flooring is almost certainly going to have aluminum oxide in the finish. Aluminized finishes are increasingly common - they are hard and scratch-resistant, but when they do scratch they will show up as a white powdery scratch (if a single scratch) or a dull whitish patch (if scrubbed with a scouring pad). Though they are urethane-based, they end up creating a fairly thick film on the wood, so you should treat it like you're cleaning plastic rather than wood.

I just use Swiffer pads because they work well (the Wet Jet, anyway). No reason to get anything unique for wood.

I buy the pads and the liquid from BJs Club or Sam's Club whichever one I am shopping from at the time.  I would guess it costs me about $20.00 every four or five months.  I really don't keep track.  But the amount of money is almost inconsequential. 

I do read that Bona costs less and does not require batteries.  But I buy $20.00 worth of AA batteries about  once every 18 months.  So that's no money either.  Swiffer works, smells nice and is available everywhere.  I don't see myself changing to save on batteries and to wash and reuse pads.  

And as I said before the wet pads clean fingerprints from kitchen cabinets without damaging the finish.  A good deal.  

On the other hand I am far too physical for the relatively frail mops.  Those are best left in the hands of my housekeeper.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I use the bona hardwood floor cleaner on our laminate floors. I have the microfiber mop from sams with the blue tassles and white scrubber side. I spray the white side and go at it adding a little here and there. It works ok but the laminate flooring version should work better as its a little stronger. When we run out i wont be buying it again. I will say im impressed with how durable the laminate is considering all the sand i track in.