Puttering around in the shop
Just finished up a major clean up of the shop....was starting to miss just making sawdust....

Found a 1 x 10 of Pine scrap.....marked a bunch of lines all over it.....including a large circle...
Bandsaw did the circle cut...
Rolleyes 

Then got out a brace and bit
Cool  

To make chopping out a few square holes easier..
Rolleyes 

At one point, that Japanese mortise chisel caused a split to happen
Upset   So, I cleaned things up, applied glue to the break, and added the clamps
Cool 

And went back to chopping.   Added a smaller chisel, and used my chin to "power" it, instead of the hammer.
Cool 

Got to the point that the clamps were in the way....decided to let the glue sit overnight, and called it an evening...
Stay tuned, there may be more of this "Trouble with Trivets"
Rolleyes
Laugh 

IF anyone wants, I can post another thread about that shop cleanup......
Uhoh
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(05-10-2018, 10:37 AM)bandit571 Wrote: Just finished up a major clean up of the shop....was starting to miss just making sawdust....

SNIP>>>>>

IF anyone wants, I can post another thread about that shop cleanup......
Uhoh

Did you burn any tools in this last cleanup? 
Smirk
I am very curious of what you are going to make this time.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Nope, no tools were burned this time around...
Rolleyes 

Arlin:  Tis called a Trivet....Left one hole round, so it can hang on a peg.   Have to get some Mineral Oil and give it a few coats...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Interesting.... The term 'trivet' is evolving from tripod into one bumping out "hot pad".
If it makes you feel any better go ahead and show us what you cleaned up, but it still looks like a well used and slightly crowded wood shop to me.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
Tom is right...Bandit, you will feel much better after posting the clean up.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(05-10-2018, 10:12 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Nope, no tools were burned this time around...
Rolleyes 

Arlin:  Tis called a Trivet....Left one hole round, so it can hang on a peg.   Have to get some Mineral Oil and give it a few coats...

I had to look it us.

* a small plate placed under a hot serving dish to protect a table.

It sure looks like it will do the job.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I had to look up the word "clean" just to make sure all these years I wasn't lied to.  
Laugh

Heat up a cast iron pan and set it on top and let the heat brown the wood before coating it with whatever you coat it with. Gives it character.  
Big Grin
(05-10-2018, 10:12 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Nope, no tools were burned this time around...
Rolleyes 

you could use that to make huge peanut butter cookies
Yes
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.