More spring cleaning
Once I had the worst of the mess cleaned out....still had some areas needed cleared away..

Everything under this  cabinet, and under the bench was swept away..
Cool 

Was a big mess back in there.  It is where that plough plane was rediscovered.
Rolleyes  

Old, unused bandsaw was stashed back there....there was room to also place a router table back there, once the old window frames were moved aside..
Winkgrin  

Shop now has it's own, dedicated trash can!
Winkgrin  With a brand new dust pan, and a hand broom to clean off all the flat areas..

I guess this counts as a "Before" picture?    Stay tuned....the entire job took almost a full week of work...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Ok, part 2...
Uhoh 

Cleaned the floor....
Winkgrin  Cleared the top of the shop dresser..

Had something better to stash there..
Rolleyes  

Lots of parts and small tools can hide in there, now.   Rearranged a shelf in front of the brand new drill til..

Couple of boxes to hold the joinery planes, and a "book" of auger bits.   I later restacked the cases, to allow that Fancy box of Pine a place to sit...can now turn away from the bench, and every tool  I may need is at arm's length..I did manage to get the router tabel into it's new home....
Rolleyes 

The stand under the Stanley #2246 mitre box, is the one that came home with the Langdon ACME 75 mitre box....The Boss had been using the stand for flowers on the back porch...forgot how heavy the dang thing was...until I had to haul it down the steps to the shop..now I can use this "smaller" mitre saw to cut down long boards, and save the piece work for the No.75.   We getting there...2, 55 gal. trash bags, 2, 35 gal trash bags, 3 trips with the trash can....Fire pit running about every other night...

Stay tuned, more to go..
Cool
Sad 
Part 3...almost a weeks worth of work..
Rolleyes   

Floor WAS swept....but this area needed a lot of work done....
Rolleyes  

Looks a little better?
Cool 

Found an UGLY old rug....rather than throw it away..decided to have something to stand on...
I noticed there wasn't any lights over the "new" mitresaw station..so...

And now I can see not only all the "extra" saws,......
Rolleyes  

It is right above the Mitrebox.    I can see what I am doing, not only here, but at the langdon  station as well. 

Kind of a "Nickle Tour"...the hard part will be keeping it this way....That 3' x 8' reclaimed space will also hold the trash can....

All this was going on, I still cleaned and sharpened a few saws....came home from an auction with 7 saws to rehab.   I also had that Box of fancy Pine  to do.  
And a Trivet
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Rolleyes 
Haven't really taken any wide views of the shop....I suppose I could, if anyone wants.  
Confused
Thanks for looking in...
Winkgrin
(05-11-2018, 09:28 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Once I had the worst of the mess cleaned out....still had some areas needed cleared away..

Everything under this  cabinet, and under the bench was swept away..
Cool 

Was a big mess back in there.  It is where that plough plane was rediscovered.
Rolleyes  

Old, unused bandsaw was stashed back there....there was room to also place a router table back there, once the old window frames were moved aside..
Winkgrin  

Shop now has it's own, dedicated trash can!
Winkgrin  With a brand new dust pan, and a hand broom to clean off all the flat areas..

I guess this counts as a "Before" picture?    Stay tuned....the entire job took almost a full week of work...

You missed a lot there.
Laugh   You need one of those leaf blowers. 
Winkgrin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Was bad enough, after I took an air nozzle and blew out all the dust IN the furnace.....Had the pilot light out, and the gas to it shut off..until next fall....

Had to let all that settle down, and then swept the floor again. 

Need to go and buy some lumber....Boss wants a new bedframe  built...and a head board....

Also wants a small bedside table built.....
Most of the lumbe for the queen sized bed frame is sitting in the house, getting used to the place.   Will start a "build thread" when the rest of the lumber gets here.

Now, about this cleaned up shop...when you walk down the steps to the basement (be sure to duck your head) this scene is what you will see..
Cool 

Peek around the corner to the left...
Rolleyes   

Finally get to the floor, and face to the "North"..

Then walk that way a bit, until you are just past the bandsaw..
Winkgrin  

Almost all of the "needful things" are within an arm's reach, while working here...

where most of the work gets done.  

And that be the $0.05 Tour.