Cell phone wood speaker
Has anyone made a wood speaker, for a cell phone,?
Pictures? Results?
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
What do you mean? I have seen a few wood charging stations, here and other places, tailored to certain phones. It's tricky because your phone changes so often.

If you mean something that houses and displays your phone but uses something like the headphone jack to connect, that's a neat idea but I can't think of anything.
(05-14-2018, 08:11 AM)Pirate Wrote: Has anyone made a wood speaker, for a cell phone,?
Pictures? Results?

I've got an article from one of the magazines that has a plan for a cell phone speaker.  I'll make a copy and send it this evening, after work.

Prayer Woodworking is my cardio workout

When I die, I plan to be cremated.  It's my last chance for a "smokin' hot" body!
You could make a sound reflector and doubles as a charging stand.  

Sort of a larger version of the Soundbender:

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BH9vVjO4iik" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Got idea when I set my phone in an empty bowl, while song was on. Try it.
Just made a quick pvc speaker, from 2" pvc elbow, and wood base. Thinking of an all wood one. Maybe with charging plug.

Attached Files Image(s)

I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Search for "passive amplifier" and it will turn up just short of a bazillion results.
Smile
Didn't Woodsmith just do this in a very recent issue??  Mebbe 2 issues back??

I'm too lazy to look thru my collection but I'd lay $$$$ that they did.
Dumber than I appear
Here’s a link to one project I’ve done.
http://lumberjocks.com/projects/233466

I’ve made 3 or 4 different styles.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Made a couple of these with my CNC, but it could easily be made with “traditional” tools.
[Image: xmfbQ6.jpg]

Just three pieces, bottom is just a rectangle, top is a rectangle with a slot sized for the phone. 
Sandwiched in between is a piece shaped in a sort of “w” with a notch under the slot in the top to hold the phone. 

I have drawings I will be happy to share if you wish.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
To go another route, Rockler sells a kit to make a bluetooth speaker

http://www.rockler.com/rockler-wireless-speaker-kit