Looking for a router bit...
...spiral, at least 1 3/4” cutting length, either 1/4 or 3/8” diameter.
Googled around haven’t had much luck. 
Any ideas?
VH07V  
If you can move up to 1/2" one of these may work for you.

https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tn/Mill...4288056343
No help with the bit, but I'm wondering if the volcano is causing you any problems?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(05-15-2018, 01:25 AM)EightFingers Wrote:
...spiral, at least 1 3/4” cutting length, either 1/4 or 3/8” diameter.
Googled around haven’t had much luck. 
Any ideas?

Have you tried Holbren.com? I've had good luck with Brian.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
A  spiral end mill in 1/2" diameter is about $50.00.  You will have to decide on upcutting or down cutting varieties.  

I don't know how well it will cut in wood.  It is designed for metals.

Up cut will splinter plywood.  Down cut should be cleaner.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
https://www.mutualscrew.com/product/end-...-82328.cfm

Something like that?

Search for long endmills

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I have never seen one, would probably break too easily too.
We have a milling machine at work.  The end mills are generally the same size as the shank.  So unless you have some special collet for your router you will have to probably stick with 1/2" or 1/4" end mills.

A down cutting bit will cause less tearout on the top surface of wood. 

Milling bits are designed to cut metal.  I asked our lead tool and die maker if it will work on wood and he said that it will cut wood, but he didn't know how clean a cut it would be.  He said the grinding geometry is likely different for wood.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Thanks for the leads and ideas, I may have to make a design change.

Fredhargis, the volcano is pretty far from us as well is the eruption in lower Puna, so no effects here.
Did feel the 6.9 earthquake tho’!
VH07V  
(05-15-2018, 10:10 AM)Cooler Wrote: We have a milling machine at work.  The end mills are generally the same size as the shank.  So unless you have some special collet for your router you will have to probably stick with 1/2" or 1/4" end mills.

A down cutting bit will cause less tearout on the top surface of wood. 

Milling bits are designed to cut metal.  I asked our lead tool and die maker if it will work on wood and he said that it will cut wood, but he didn't know how clean a cut it would be.  He said the grinding geometry is likely different for wood.
Milling bits will work on wood but not as efficiently ..The clearance angle is not large enough to eject the chips very well...and they are available in plunge cutting and non plunge cutting designs.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset