TV stand for my grand daughter
Pine from a 100 yr old farm house. Finished with boiled linseed oil.

I had a good day. I used every tool I own!
Nice piece of furniture Papa Jim - congrats!  I've not worked w/ recycled wood, but have been in contact w/ the place below in Lenoir, NC (about a 40 min drive for me) - plan to visit in the near future and take a 'look' at their offerings.  Dave
Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

Piedmont North Carolina
You really made that pine look awesome!!! Nice design also.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Nice design and completed work.  I'm sure she'll cherish it forever.
Very nice, lots of storage and you can set any size TV on that stand!
Very Nice, Jim!
Yes

I like it!
Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Why is it that wife's, daughter's, and granddaughter's have such a way of getting us to do things for them.
Winkgrin
Winkgrin

I have two daughters and four granddaughters and it seems they are always needing things.
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(05-18-2018, 06:29 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Why is it that wife's, daughter's, and granddaughter's have such a way of getting us to do things for them.
Winkgrin
Winkgrin

I have two daughters and four granddaughters and it seems they are always needing things.
Laugh

Yep! When my younger grandaughter saw the TV stand, she said, "Wow! i hope Papa Jim is going to be around for awhile."  Of course i had just finished making a headboard for her out of the same wood.
love the design and execution.  The open shelf below the top gives a lot of versatility for electronics.  They seem to be making them in all shapes and sizes.  Also allows good airflow.  The pull out drawers are convenient for easy access.  Great looking piece.
John
Just got a thank you with a pic.