Moisture question
I agree with everyone that it is an awful choice of materials and will most likely fail, but if its just as simple as gluing a few boards together for a friend I don't really see that you have anything to lose. You didn't pick the materials or the design, and you warned them that it might not work out. If it works, great, if it doesn't, it becomes an opportunity to pick up a job doing it right.
Too wet for a good glue up. Just use screws. You can plan the construction where the "coated" screws wouldn't be seen for the most part.

If you can hold it off for a couple of weeks, perhaps setting the boards out in the sun would cook them dry a bit.

A no gap can turn into a 1/4" gap easily. The gaps can be closed up by removing and re positioning the screws after pulling the boards back together. Leave extra overhang for this.
(05-17-2018, 09:10 AM)Cooler Wrote: If she wants rustic, I would go to Lowes and get some cedar boards.

Good idea. I called and told him to check out that option first. I really don't want to start messing with this stuff if they decide to go with something else.
"Some glue, some brads while the glue dries, and that's not going anywhere!"
Norm
(05-17-2018, 02:33 PM)plharrison Wrote: Good idea. I called and told him to check out that option first. I really don't want to start messing with this stuff if they decide to go with something else.

A better idea, but I used those cedar boards before and they shrank too. Not as much, but enough to warrant caution.

I would still acclimate them in the dryer house for a week or so at least.
I am still shaking my head at this preference for poison infused wood on the dresser.

I agree with the junk comment. No way would that thing come out of my shop.

There are many forms of rustic that are better and they all start with dry wood.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
(05-17-2018, 10:40 PM)TomFromStLouis Wrote: I am still shaking my head at this preference for poison infused wood on the dresser.

I agree with the junk comment.  No way would that thing come out of my shop.

There are many forms of rustic that are better and they all start with dry wood.

+1 

I would not cut PT lumber on my cabinet saw, most PT lumber has a high saline content plus toxins. Bad for you to breath, rusting cast iron and every other tool that touches it. I've built more than one piece of furniture for people that wasn't a style I cared for, but I would politely decline that.

Paul