$4 find at a Garage Sale
Well, actually, I spent $9 total.   Picked a 50s era WS 5-1/2 ppi Rip saw for $5.....Been cleaning and rehabbing that last night...

The $4 find?
Confused
Uhoh 

Well, I did get a price break for that missing nib, and another for the split handle
Rolleyes  

Wasn't much of an etch, either..
Rolleyes  

Henry Disston...there was a faint "7" under the stamp..

Some funny-looking bolts...
Winkgrin 

So, for the whopping sum of $4, I have a Disston (no sons) No. 7, 26" long, 10 ppi.  Medallion and stamp on the plate SEEM to date this to about 1848-1854 era. 

Just getting the rust off the plate, and a bit of shine to the brass, for now....while I figure out why I need yet another 10 ppi crosscut saw...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Super Cool! 
Cool

Garage sales are bad news for us. Before quitting the whole hobby, we would pick the smallest vehicle and I would load it with bulky stuff to prevent getting more stuff into it. 
Crazy
Be careful when removing the split nuts when repairing the handle. They can be extremely fragile on those old saws, I've had some experience with this. Find an old spade drill bit and file/grind yourself a split nut driver to fit those nuts exactly, that will help.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Boy Bandit

It would be so nice to get that back the way it was.  Something I would or anyone would love to do.

Again me thinking here the way I always do that while repairing and sharpening it I would be thinking of all the kinds of woods it cut thru and who owned the saw.

Did the seller have any info on it to might have had it before?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.