Pan-Mulato wood
Anybody ever hear of it? I had some large boards that were labeled as "Boxwood", but the boards were way bigger than I was told Boxwood could be so I sent a chunk to the Forestry Service and they identified it as "Calycophyllum", more commonly known as Pan-Mulato. I've never heard of it before and have no idea what it would be good for.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
(05-18-2018, 03:50 PM)DaveParkis Wrote: Anybody ever hear of it? I had some large boards that were labeled as "Boxwood", but the boards were way bigger than I was told Boxwood could be so I sent a chunk to the Forestry Service and they identified it as "Calycophyllum", more commonly known as Pan-Mulato. I've never heard of it before and have no idea what it would be good for.
No idea, but Wood Database lists something called Calycophyllum multiflorum that they claim is marketed as an alternative to boxwood.  They say it's also called Palo Blanco.  Wonder if that translates to Pan Mulato.

Steve
Thanks, that's quite helpful.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
(05-18-2018, 03:50 PM)DaveParkis Wrote: Anybody ever hear of it? I had some large boards that were labeled as "Boxwood", but the boards were way bigger than I was told Boxwood could be so I sent a chunk to the Forestry Service and they identified it as "Calycophyllum", more commonly known as Pan-Mulato. I've never heard of it before and have no idea what it would be good for.

Google brings up this in a search. Calycophyllum spruceanum
https://florafaunaweb.nparks.gov.sg/spec...px?id=2777
Dave

If you send what you have to me I can make an in-depth study of it and then let you know what it was.
Smirk
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Yep it's definitely Calycophyllum spruceanum for sure!