Great paint remover
Mix TSP and water. Sorry, forgot mix ratio.
Heat to just below boiling.
Put object in, for a while. Check now and then. After paint is gone, it will make wood soft.
I saw this in a. 1960+/- Popular Mechanics.
It is amazing how well it works.
Told a friend, who restores Victorian houses.
Tried it, then had a welder make a shallow and long, trough to strip loovered shutters.
Talk about a Time saver!
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Only a day late. Yesterday I used the nastiest stripper I could find on some balusters. Sprayed them with lacquer this morning. I think there might be a little stripper still on them, the finish isn't looking too good.
I always used Zip-Strip. Nasty stuff, but cheap & fast.
Caustic as all hell though. Burns your skin like a blow torch.
A great paint remover for old metal components encrusted with paint:  A little dish washing soap in a crockpot left on overnight.  

I am on the prowl now at garage sales to locate a $5.00 working version.  I borrowed a friend's for the last stripping job (he uses it for stripping too--not for cooking).
Smile

I recall seeing an ad in an outdoors catalog that listed tree-stands for hunting.  They also listed a "portable urinal" so as not to leave any human scent to scare off the game.

[Image: 0074a769-3163-411f-bed1-705863878b30_1.b...nBg=FFFFFF]

The most memorable fact was that it was listed as "dishwasher-safe".
Big Grin  In any case use these for its intended purpose only.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.