Finally pulled the trigger...
I went through the same quandary as you 2 years ago and ultimately settled on the 1023 like you. My ultimate deciding factor?? My dust collection comes in from the left so the rear port on the 1023 makes for a neater pipe than the right had side port on the 690! Frivolous I think but the saws are so similar I don’t think it matters.

I retrofitted a sawstop blade guard on mine to improve the dust collection which I found to be terrible. With the above the top collection I now have virtually no dust though. $100 well spent imo.
-Marc

Also one other thing. I found the fence cursor to be horrible for parallax so I replaced it with a sawstop one as well. It fits much closer to the rail and doesn’t have that horrific magnifier and gives true reading from almost any angle.

Turns out sawstops parts department is great ?
-Marc

(06-22-2018, 01:03 PM)scottbrader Wrote: A big factor for me was that the dust collection is better. The G1023RL has a blade shroud that is piped down to the DC connection along with the opening to the cabinet itself. Also, the G1023RL is a single, serpentine belt setup which he touted as a more efficient energy transfer. 

Solid points.