Varathane Poly Rattlecan
I made a cherry table top for a sister to be attached to an old iron base. I had already applied two coats of Minwax Antique Oil, but needed a top coat. Was milling around the finishes at Home Depot and was debating the waterbased polycrylic verses rattle can lacquer, when I spied the Varathane rattle can poly. I thought I would give it a try, what's the worst that can happen? Right?  

Sprayed on three light coats. Sanded it with a 240 grit sanding sponge then 400 grit paper and sprayed on another coat. I am surprised on how well it worked. Drying time was typical for an oil based product, but I was able to get it done in 3 days.

I will have to get some pics tonight, but actually really happy with how well the Varathane rattle can worked. Nice even sheen, no drips. On thing I did was to put the nozzle in a small container of mineral spirits between spray coats to keep the nozzle from clogging.
I've used rattle cans of oil based poly.  It turned out fine, but the dry-time was extensive.  It felt soft and tacky for 2 or 3 days.  It did not harden enough to handle for a week.  But the finish (which I applied to a pour-over coffee maker I made) has stood up fine for 4 years of making coffee 5 days per week.  

So the finish was good (and looked, and still looks good), but the dry time was so long that I removed it from my finishing arsenal.

I must say that the quality of the spray tips have improved immensely over the years.  Originally the finishes used the same nozzles as did Lysol and other products.  

The new finishes are using nozzles that were specifically designed for spraying finishes, and the quality of the spray is much improved.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.