DFW, TX - Cherry Dining Table - not finished
Here's an interesting one boys.  I get in little adventures sometimes where I buy tools from people.  Went to this fellas shop about a year ago and bought a bunch of tools.  Well, he had this unfinished cherry dining table to go with it.  I brought it home, worked on it a bit, finished the rails and such, but never completely finished.  My wife thought for a while we might use it, but now she doesn't want it.

Weird story, but, now I've got a very nice, large Solid cherry dining table, that needs a home.  I'll describe it's current condition as best I can.

The top has an middle extension, that is installed in the pics.  One of the legs has had BLO applied by the fella before I got it.  The rest of the table is unfinished, and would need another final sanding to prep for finish.  The bent lamination rails need to be attached, and the middle rails cut to fit.  I believe I still have the router bit used to cut the profile if you need that as well if you want or need to recreate any of it.

The legs are segmented and hollow in the center.  There is a long piece of all thread and bolts on both ends to attach base to top.  The base is solid cherry, as is the whole piece, except for the extension mechanism which is a something he bought and installed.

I know this is really a random thing to try to pass on to somebody, but hopefully someone in the Dallas, TX area can finish this and get some good use from it.

Holler at me if you're interested or have questions.

I'm going to start by asking $100 for it.  Not sure if that's a high or low price, not even sure if someone will take it for free... But that's where I think I'll start.

[Image: 00909_cJNVWs5uBqo_1200x900.jpg]

[Image: 00606_iFcxsjxIi2D_1200x900.jpg]

[Image: 00I0I_ltGTynEDc1c_600x450.jpg]

[Image: 00S0S_lliFaWchGKT_1200x900.jpg]
That's a beautiful table. You shouldn't have any problem getting $100 or more out of it. But, if it doesn't sell I'm sure that your local Restore would have a place for it in their showroom. They might even put it in one of their Habitat for Humanity homes.
(05-25-2018, 02:50 PM)dg152 Wrote: That's a beautiful table.  You shouldn't have any problem getting $100 or more out of it.  But, if it doesn't sell I'm sure that your local Restore would have a place for it in their showroom.  They might even put it in one of their Habitat for Humanity homes.

Dimensions are:
46" wide
64" long.
Extension is 16" wide. 
Total with extension is 80".
(05-25-2018, 05:26 PM)Strokes77 Wrote: Dimensions are:
46" wide
64" long.
Extension is 16" wide. 
Total with extension is 80".

SOLD pending pickup next weekend.

Thanks.
If I was closer you would not even had to ask, I would already would have it in the dining room.  Really nice work.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
The cherry alone is worth more than $100 plus the work that went into it.....Good of you to pass on...
Jerry
(06-01-2018, 01:09 PM)JJO Wrote: The cherry alone is worth more than $100 plus the work that went into it.....Good of you to pass on...

Table is sold and gone.  Headed south to be finished and finally put to use.

Thanks all.