Anyone used Ryan Shed Plans
John
Maybe you already saw this ... If not , it may help .
free shed plans

another

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

Several years ago I was asked to build a shed for a friend. We found that we could buy one and have it delivered from the local "Amish Sheds" place for about what it would cost me in materials. It was complete, painted and vinyl sided with a shingled roof. We just had to set a foundation. The foundation was nothing more than a gravel bed to set it on.

I think now (around here) anything over 60 square ft needs to be anchored to the ground so we would have and to at minimum, pour some footers.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(05-27-2018, 07:00 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Several years ago I was asked to build a shed for a friend. We found that we could buy one and have it delivered from the local "Amish Sheds" place for about what it would cost me in materials. It was complete, painted and vinyl sided with a shingled roof. We just had to set a foundation. The foundation was nothing more than a gravel bed to set it on.

I think now (around here) anything over 60 square ft needs to be anchored to the ground so we would have and to at minimum, pour some footers.

Thanks Snipe.  I think you missed the point I made above that there is no way to get a pre-built shed of the size I want (or even one only 10 - 12' wide)behind my house, where it must go per code.  I could have the shed guys (Sturdi-Bilt) build one onsite for a 20% upcharge, which isn't too bad, actually, but for a 14 x 20' shed we're in the range of $9 - 10K, which is more than I want to spend.  I haven't priced it out yet, but I'm guessing I can build one for half that.  

I'm planning to use a gravel base captured by a 6 x 6 PT perimeter.  Fortunately, I have access to a front end loader/backhoe, and someone who knows how to drive it, to move the 6.5 - 7 yards of stone needed for the base back to where it needs to go.  With this type of base a shed is considered non-permanent and has a lower tax basis than if I put it on poured piers.  AFAIK, there is no requirement to anchor a shed down in my area, though that is never a bad idea.

John
(05-27-2018, 05:50 AM)fishhh4 Wrote: John
Maybe you already saw this ... If not , it may help .
free shed plans

another

Thanks very much fish.  I was not aware of either site.  On page 32 at the second link are plans for a shed just like what I'm looking for. 

John
Just ship me your lumber and I’ll store it for you.
84 lumber has free plans but I think you have to buy the materials from them. You pick the plan and it has a pick list for the lumber yard. Pick the plan, they deliver the materials and drawings.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(05-27-2018, 09:50 AM)jteneyck Wrote: Thanks very much fish.  I was not aware of either site.  On page 32 at the second link are plans for a shed just like what I'm looking for. 

John
i assume this one is what youre referring to.
http://myoutdoorplans.com/shed/14x20-shed-plans/
i didnt see any mention of roof framing. 
if ya go to 84 lumber they could set you up with either trusses or material for conventional framing the roof.
if you havent conventionally framed a roof and dont know someone that has and could help, it would be worth it to get trusses.
im not sure if a 14' truss can be had in 12/12 pitch as in the pictures in that link,though.
(05-27-2018, 12:55 PM)tomsteve Wrote: i assume this one is what youre referring to.
http://myoutdoorplans.com/shed/14x20-shed-plans/
i didnt see any mention of roof framing. 
if ya go to 84 lumber they could set you up with either trusses or material for conventional framing the roof.
if you havent conventionally framed a roof and dont know someone that has and could help, it would be worth it to get trusses.
im not sure if a 14' truss can be had in 12/12 pitch as in the pictures in that link,though.

If you click on "Next" at the bottom of your link it takes you to the roof framing for the shed.  At the bottom of that set of plans click "Next" and it takes you to the trim and door plans.  The 12/12 pitch seems rather excessive, although it does look nice.    

John
(05-27-2018, 01:44 PM)jteneyck Wrote: If you click on "Next" at the bottom of your link it takes you to the roof framing for the shed.  At the bottom of that set of plans click "Next" and it takes you to the trim and door plans.  The 12/12 pitch seems rather excessive, although it does look nice.    

John

huh!! took me to a different set of plans last night. now i see it,though.
id still suggest looking into trusses. they might cost a little more, but save a lot of time.
(05-28-2018, 08:26 AM)tomsteve Wrote: huh!! took me to a different set of plans last night. now i see it,though.
id still suggest looking into trusses. they might cost a little more, but save a lot of time.

You'll get no argument from me.  I could lower the pitch, too, if I do that.  

John