Removing rounded drywall corners?
I'm moving into a house with rounded or bullnosed drywall corners.  Since I am going to be installing a lot of trim, wainscoting etc.,  I see nothing but problems. I won't do the little one inch piece of trim on the corners, that the house currently has, as they all look sloppy and seem harder to do.  I found this product, so it is an option for the trim pieces:  squarzit

Even then,  I'm not sure I like the look anyway, so how much of an effort is required to change them to square corners?
I would at least consider using the metal corner bead with fabric on top. You just use mud to attach, no fasteners. I used that in a couple of places where fasteners weren't working too well.
(05-26-2018, 11:51 AM)rschissler Wrote: I'm moving into a house with rounded or bullnosed drywall corners.  Since I am going to be installing a lot of trim, wainscoting etc.,  I see nothing but problems. I won't do the little one inch piece of trim on the corners, that the house currently has, as they all look sloppy and seem harder to do.  I found this product, so it is an option for the trim pieces:  squarzit

Even then,  I'm not sure I like the look anyway, so how much of an effort is required to change them to square corners?

I don't think I'd be happy undoing the bullnose, which I also hate.   I like the idea od that Squarzit thing.  
Yes
Hmmm. All the bullnose I've ever seen had square at the bottom, coming up about 5-6"
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

That's a tough one.

The right way would be to take the corners out to the next stud. Mud new sheetrock in the corners, corner bead and  finish. But, there's a good chance you'll see the "hump" where the new sheetrock joins to old at every corner. .. Unless you're pretty good at mudding and sanding.

I might try a little experiment. Make or find a "cove" molding profile that comes close to matching the radius of the bullnose. Nail it or even glue it in. Tightbond would do. Just make sure the molding doesn't stand proud of the sheetrock.

Then install a corner-bead over it. I've never used the corner bead with the paper attached but I might try it in this case. You might have to mud over the wood a little to get a decent corner before installing the corner-bead. The wood molding is really just a filler so you don't have to spend days building up the corner with mud. <- That would be a real good application for using hot-mud. Maybe 20 or 45 minute?

[Image: GaIKB5L.jpg]
[Image: eq2hX0p.jpg]
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS