Speaking of cleaning the shop, tablesaw wrenches edition
I found the wrenches for my tablesaw arbor behind my bandsaw on the floor under a pile of wood.  Not much good there, and I was about to change the blade for a plywood blade. It's fortunate I'm cleaning.  

Should I just drill a hole in the front of the saw cabinet and install a hook for them?  What have you done to keep them where you can find them?
(05-27-2018, 08:09 AM)EricU Wrote: I found the wrenches for my tablesaw arbor behind my bandsaw on the floor under a pile of wood.  Not much good there, and I was about to change the blade for a plywood blade. It's fortunate I'm cleaning.  

Should I just drill a hole in the front of the saw cabinet and install a hook for them?  What have you done to keep them where you can find them?

magnets maybe?

my saw has a hook to hang them on though on the cabinet.
All my round blades and wrenches are in 2 special made drawers under my miter saw cabinet.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I use to just use some rare earth magnets and stick them to the front of the cabinet. Sine then I've added a cabinet under the extension, it has a drawer for the wrenches and other stuff like dado insert, etc.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Overhead on a joist (if available) can also be handy.
Attached to the cord near the plug.
Dado blade insert, blade wrenches, allen wrenches for motor cover/back plate, spare riving knife are all on a magnetic tool holder on the front of the saw.
(05-28-2018, 07:18 AM)Lucky Irish Wrote: Dado blade insert, blade wrenches, allen wrenches for motor cover/back plate, spare riving knife are all on a magnetic tool holder on the front of the saw.

that's a good idea.  I was hoping one of the hard drive magnets I have sitting around would work, but they aren't very strong from the backside.
(05-28-2018, 07:25 AM)EricU Wrote: that's a good idea.  I was hoping one of the hard drive magnets I have sitting around would work, but they aren't very strong from the backside.

There are spare mounting holes on backside of the square tube for the rip fence.    I installed a long bolt with about 3" extending out the back with a double nut.  Hang the wrenches and table inserts on that.  Not in the way of the fence sliding.    Roly
    [attachment=10653][attachment=10653]A few years ago I sent my method of storing ts wrenches to a wood rag, and won $100 for the tip! 
Wrenches are next to the plug, so you have no excuse to not unplug, when changing blades.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer