Miller Falls #14C
The miller Falls 14C is the same size as a Stanley #5.  I think the two piece lever cap makes it a little superior to the Bailey #5, but that is just my opinion. Its japanning is all but flawless and the tote and knob have only a little wear and tear. It is now better than new right out of the box.

As always all have been precision ground and are no more than .0015 of an inch out of being perfectly flat. The sides have been ground with the same care and precision and are also ground square to the bottom. The would make a good choice of a plane for shooting board work.

I touched up the plane irons on all of the planes.  It helps with sharpening, It doesn't require any lapping but  a lot of people will still do it. The top on. some of the earlier irons needed a little help after about 100 years or so. I also flatten the backs at the cutting edge. It helps the blade to make full contact with the frog and I feel it helps reduce chatter.

I guess all that needs to be done to put it in service is sharpening.  To help keep my costs down and the fact a lot of woodworkers prefer to sharpen themselves I don't sharpen. Usually on old irons, the whole angle needs to be reshaped and I save someone a lot of work by reshapeing and sharpen it for an extra $10. Asking $85 plus shipping, or $100 shipped priority mail to anywhere conus. The one thing I would add is Quality is long remembered after a  Cheap price is forgotten and it comes with a money back guarantee.

Thanks for considering a purchase from me.

Tom
Beautiful but I'm still broke from the last planes I bought from you!
Wink
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
(05-27-2018, 07:53 PM)alanealane Wrote: Beautiful but I'm still broke from the last planes I bought from you!
Wink

Yes, I know you are and a big thanks to you for buying them.

Tom
I'll vouch for the quality of this tool. I've pick up and restored a few nice Stanleys but they come and go while this Millers Falls retains its spot in my toolbox. Along with my Bedrock 605, this MF is the only jack that has a permanent spot in my shop (so far).
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/
I am surprised this is still on the front page, A year ago it would have been buried 3 pages back in a day or two. Things aren't selling, people not listing or what?

I am surprise no one has bought it yet, it is probably one of the best deals going considering the quality verses the price.

Tom
(06-17-2018, 08:46 AM)tablesawtom Wrote: I am surprised this is still on the front page, A year ago it would have been buried 3 pages back in a day or two. Things aren't selling, people not listing or what?

I am surprise no one has bought it yet, it is probably one of the best deals going considering the quality verses the price.

Tom

Tom

If I remember right you liked MF more then Stanley right?  Yep you have sold quality tools for the whole 8 years I have been here and to your house as well.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I still have it for sale

Tom