LED shop lights on sale at Costco
Just a heads up for anyone than might benefit.....
  Now until mid June. 

Normally $27.99 , on sale at #19.99 each. That is in store.
Online you can get em in a two pack, but of course will pay
shipping.

I figured now is the time to make the switch and tapped into 
my tool fund cash. Going to change out the hanging flourescents
and flush mount these.  The cords are too long for my purpose, so
am cutting them down to a neater (short) length.

From their website:

Product Details

This 4ft. Linkable LED Shop Light with chain requires no lamps to replace and lasts up to 50,000 hours. Perfect for hanging or flush mount installation. Ideal use in garages, basements, game rooms, and utility rooms. Easy plug-in fixture, no humming, ultra-lightweight design, saves up to $253 in annual energy costs. 

Features:
  • 4’ Linkable LED Shop Light with Pull Chain 2-Pack
  • Actual Wattage: 42
  • Life Hours: 50,000
  • Lumens per Watt: 95.23
  • Brightness (Lumens): 4000
  • Color Temp: 4000K
  • Packaging: includes 2 Shop Linkable Lights with chain individually packed
  • Finish: White
  • Lens: Frosted
  • Bulb Type:  LED
  • Usage: General Purpose & Task Lighting
  • Common Applications: Garages, Basements, Game Rooms, Utility Rooms
  • Energy Star: Yes
  • RoHS: No
  • Dimensions: 47.26” L x 4.9” W x 1.65” H
  • Life Years: 45.7
  • Volts: 120
  • 5 Year Limited Warranty
[size=undefined]
*   Life is based on 3 hrs/day

** Estimated Yearly Energy Cost is based on 3 hrs/day, 11¢/kWh. Cost depends on rate and use.[/size]
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
For those who might be interested in these, they are the ones I put in my shop. Costco ran this special last fall (I think) and I bought what i needed. I culdn't be happier with the light output. They are built so if anything goes wrong you replace the whole fixture, the lamps are hard wired in....not a big deal to me. Another advantage is the light weight, hanging them (compared to florescent fixture with the heavy ballast) is a piece of cake.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I've got 4 of these in my shop. Awesome. I think I'm going to get a couple more!
Benny

I have 17 4' fluorescent fixtures in my work space and a couple of cases of 4' tubes.  I keep looking at these wanting to jump but just not anywhere close to making sense for a while
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(05-31-2018, 01:11 PM)Bob10 Wrote: I have 17 4' fluorescent fixtures in my work space and a couple of cases of 4' tubes.  I keep looking at these wanting to jump but just not anywhere close to making sense for a while

I'm in the same boat. I have eight fluorescent fixtures, no spare bulbs right now. All of them work and all of them put out great light, so I don't need new ones yet.

I'll gladly replace the CFL bulbs the builder put in without need, but the shop fluorescent fixtures are working just fine.
I need some. I have old 8 ft tubes and they buzz like a beehive. I need like 20 or so. Not sure now is the time to expend $1k in lights.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
(05-31-2018, 03:09 PM)Mr_Mike Wrote: I need some.  I have old 8 ft tubes and they buzz like a beehive.  I need like 20 or so.  Not sure now is the time to expend $1k in lights.

20 x 19.99 = $399.80
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I’ve mentioned it here before, but for the folks in New England both Ocean State Job Lot and the HfH Restores sell this exact light for $15.
(05-31-2018, 03:47 PM)Bob10 Wrote: 20 x 19.99 = $399.80

Yeah. 20 packages vs 20 units.
Smile
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
No buzzing.  No flickering/sputtering, especially in cold temps.
No ballasts to wear out and be told they are unavailable.
No hard to find fluorescent tubes to deal with, either finding to replace
OR having to "bust up" the old ones to get rid of them when they die.

I suspect that the break even point is a bit out there for us, as far
as how soon they "pay" for themselves with less electricity used.

So be it.  They put out better light, cheaper, and with out all the
hassle of the old system.

And:

I'm going to have another six inches or so of head room in the shop
by mounting them on the ceiling vs the old suspended lights.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me