Bosch 1250DEVS sander with Mirka Abranet sanding pad
I am curious if there is a Mirka sanding pad with far more holes for dust collection that can be used with the Bosch 1250DEVS sander.

I installed such a pad on my Festool 150 ETS sander but I don’t have the Bosch sander and would like to know if that is possible with the Bosch sander as well.
2Sand.com sells Abranet is all sorts of sizes. I use it on my PC ROS.

You do need to buy an adapter disk, the hook on the sander pad is too short to hold Abranet, the adapter disk engages with the sander pad on one face and Abranet on the other. They sell those too. 

The “net” nature of the Abranet disks greatly improves dust collection since the dust is not only being drawn through six or eight holes.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(05-31-2018, 07:34 PM)handi Wrote: 2Sand.com sells Abranet is all sorts of sizes. I use it on my PC ROS.

You do need to buy an adapter disk, the hook on the sander pad is too short to hold Abranet, the adapter disk engages with the sander pad on one face and Abranet on the other. They sell those too. 

The “net” nature of the Abranet disks greatly improves dust collection since the dust is not only being drawn through six or eight holes.

Thanks for the suggestion about 2sand.com.  I understand I can use Abranet pretty much with every sanding pad as long as I have an interface / pad protector.  However, the problem I am trying solve is essentially ability to use different sanding discs with different hole patterns in addition to Abranet as I have a variety of them on hand and wanting to use them with a Mirka pad.  Those pads have so many holes, you can pretty much use them with any sanding disc in addition to Abranet.
If you like a abranet check out autonet.
(06-01-2018, 12:59 AM)wrb Wrote: Thanks for the suggestion about 2sand.com.  I understand I can use Abranet pretty much with every sanding pad as long as I have an interface / pad protector.  However, the problem I am trying solve is essentially ability to use different sanding discs with different hole patterns in addition to Abranet as I have a variety of them on hand and wanting to use them with a Mirka pad.  Those pads have so many holes, you can pretty much use them with any sanding disc in addition to Abranet.

Buy an appropriately sized punch or make one, if you're handy with metal.

https://www.amazon.com/leather-hole-punc...unch%20set
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
(06-01-2018, 03:33 PM)MichaelMouse Wrote: Buy an appropriately sized punch or make one, if you're handy with metal.

https://www.amazon.com/leather-hole-punc...unch%20set

This is an interesting idea.  I have not punched dust collection holes in sanding pads before.  Have you done this with success?
(06-01-2018, 07:03 PM)wrb Wrote: This is an interesting idea.  I have not punched dust collection holes in sanding pads before.  Have you done this with success?

Punching them is way too much trouble. Drill them.

Sandwich several discs, or 1 pad, between 2 pieces of wood. Clamp the wood together. Mark where you want the holes. Drill through the wood, discs, wood.
And you have your holes in your discs where you want them....

I used to do this to a bunch of non-hole psa discs I had.

To further the jig, add 2 dowels for alignment for the next batch.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

One face of the sanding pad is usually not flat, making it difficult to sandwich between two boards and then drill. I will look into some different ways to punch or drill holes.
Cup one board out if you can
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020