A better garden tool hanger
IMHO, every gardener should have some basic wood working skills and tools. There is and endless list of wood working projects in the garden if you just have a small space to work in and some very basic tools. Often times you can just use scrap wood for your creations. It’s NOT fine woodworking!

For years I’ve struggled with a way to organize garden tools. After trying different store bought solutions, stacking them in corners or hanging them from nails, the answer was incredibly simple and they were made with scrap 2×4s and screws and that was it.

I made a video ( I haven’t made one in a while ). It’s short and hopefully, if you have the same problem it will be of use to you. Better yet – improve on it!

http://openwoodshop.com/yard/toolhanger.php

[Image: tool%20hanger.jpg]
You got the hay f o r k and the post hole digger in the wrong slots. Swap 'em around.
Winkgrin

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
I drilled some holes in a 2x4, and stuck some lengths of pipe in the holes.  Same idea as what you have, but the hangers are recycled metal rather than recycled wood. I drilled the holes with so that the pipes sloped upwards about 4*
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
the Borgs sell a metal hook contraption that will hold 5 tools.  I have a couple of them. I also use it to repair bikes by hanging them from the saddle on the hook
I use a garbage can.  It might not look as nice but I must have 4 times the stuff in it.  I may have a yard sale someday and clear out all the extras.  I have about 20 pipe wrenches on CL right now and still have plenty to get what I need to do these days done.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Aw cmon Bob, what if you come into a 21 pipe wrench job?
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure