What do I do with this space?
Last winter I got a wild hair and decided to make use of the space under the stairs in my shop which go to the attic.  I hate wasted space and thought this will be good to store something in.  So, I removed some drywall and studs, put a floor and sides in and trimmed it out.  The question is "What do I do with it now/".  I'll just bet that the Woodnetters out there will have some great ideas.

The space is 31-1/2" w x 39-3/4" h x 46" d.

I'd post a pic but can't seem to get photobucket to work.
Small air compressor?
Sandpaper, brushes, and cans of finish? And your spray gun?
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(06-05-2018, 08:42 PM)dg152 Wrote: Last winter I got a wild hair and decided to make use of the space under the stairs in my shop which go to the attic.  I hate wasted space and thought this will be good to store something in.  So, I removed some drywall and studs, put a floor and sides in and trimmed it out.  The question is "What do I do with it now/".  I'll just bet that the Woodnetters out there will have some great ideas.

The space is 31-1/2" w x 39-3/4" h x 46" d.

I'd post a pic but can't seem to get photobucket to work.

Sharpening station.
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
(06-05-2018, 09:35 PM)jppierson Wrote: Sharpening station.

Kegerator

• Depth: 23.375 in.

• Height: 33.5 in.

• Width: 23.625 in.

[Image: 31O3n7t3X2L._SX466_.jpg]
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I have a similar space in my basement shop. In that space I keep the compressor, shop vac, and a rolling cart I can pull out that has the wet sharpener and veneer vacuum pump. The back corners are misc storage. I also keep a low rolling stool that allows me to sit and roll into the space if I need to. Saves on having to crawl.

Also cut up a shower liner and made a curtain to cover the hole. Keeps the dust out. I wired a couple of LED cab lights in the space to keep me from having to use a flashlight. I call it the troll hole in honor of some former WoodNet basement trolls.
John
My sister had that same idea at 3 in the morning and of course had to act on it right away.  She decided to wait after she cut through the electric wire.

I have a lot of stuff I could put in a space like that.  Probably want to make pull-out drawers or carts to fit though
Great ideas! I thought about putting in a couple of really big drawers but the slides to hold that much stuff and extend that far out would cost a fortune. Thanks for all your ideas. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Our space under the stairs is full of Christmas and other holiday stuff.

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
How about in the upper part of the stair case put in some 8" PVC so you can put dowels or other stock in them or even short pieces of wood?

Also the drawers do not have to come out on the side of the stairs but can have them something like 18" to 24" and as wide as the stairs are.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.