Outstanding customer service/Baldwin Hardware
I bought a Baldwin Hardware lock set at HD when I installed a new front door a few years ago.
Recently the inside lever was getting loose and a few days ago came out in my hand.
Baldwin advertises Lifetime Warranty, but I didn't have a receipt and honestly couldn't even remember how many years ago I bought it.
I called the 1-800 number expecting "no receipt, no proof of purchase, nothing we can do BS"
The woman that answered said no receipt, no problem. Send us a picture of the problem and we'll figure out how we can help you.
?????
I emailed them a picture yesterday morning, and they replied in 2 hours that they were sending me out a new hand set and will send shipping info when it ships.
Never experienced this level of customer service before and wanted to share for anyone considering using them.
I have more or less the same story. When we bought this house it had all Baldwin door locksets, with knobs. My wife has a terrible time gripping knobs (arthritis) and I've always had to change the locksets to lever type. Our front door lock was a rather expensive one, so rather than replace it I e mailed Baldwin asking if I could just buy replacement levers to replace the knob. They replied asking for pics, and then asked me to call. I did so, and they sent me a lever free to put on the front door. I was impressed. But n a side note, their stuff is really expensive.....but I was also surprised at the weight of the lever (and the knob). These things are solid brass.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(06-07-2018, 04:45 AM)johndi Wrote: I bought a Baldwin Hardware lock set at HD when I installed a new front door a few years ago.
Recently the inside lever was getting loose and a few days ago came out in my hand.
Baldwin advertises Lifetime Warranty, but I didn't have a receipt and honestly couldn't even remember how many years ago I bought it.
I called the 1-800 number expecting "no receipt, no proof of purchase, nothing we can do BS"
The woman that answered said no receipt, no problem. Send us a picture of the problem and we'll figure out how we can help you.
?????
I emailed them a picture yesterday morning, and they replied in 2 hours that they were sending me out a new hand set and will send shipping info when it ships.
Never experienced this level of customer service before and wanted to share for anyone considering using them.

Schlage is similar.  I sent a picture they said it was no longer made and asked which model I wanted in it's place
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.