Grinder Jig
I have a 8" grinder with the  Oneway Wolverine system. I recently got a CBN wheel for it and that really makes a difference in sharpening for me. Grinding the primary bevel is much faster now. I am using my LA planes more. The thicker blades on them were always a pain to grind, but the CBN wheels makes it quick work. The problem I am having is getting a straight grind with the Oneway jig/rest. The rest is great, but it is still dependent on me to get a straight 90 deg edge. I am interested in something that will allow a more precise grind.

I think I saw one of Derek's posts where he uses the bars from a Tormek.  I may go that way, but are there other jigs/systems out there to use with a grinder that will let me grind accurate/square edges?
Check out the Veritas grinder rest from Lee Valley.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

(06-11-2018, 01:15 PM)blackhat Wrote: Check out the Veritas grinder rest from Lee Valley.

One step further, get the Veritas grinder rest and the chisel/blade holder. Tops anything else I've used.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(06-11-2018, 02:36 PM)Tony Z Wrote: One step further, get the Veritas grinder rest and the chisel/blade holder.  Tops anything else I've used.

One step further, get the Veritas grinder rest and the chisel/blade holder. Tops anything else I've used.

This....The only down side to it is both the base and the blade holder is made of aluminum..The aluminum becomes embedded with steel and grinder dust and makes it more difficult to slide in the groove..My solution is... I made a blade holder out of hardwood and it was greatly improved...I also made one to hold a single point diamond for wheel dressing...It can be made to advance the diamond incrementally for precision dressing of the wheel.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(06-11-2018, 10:35 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: .

This....The only down side to it is both the base and the blade holder is made of aluminum..The aluminum becomes embedded with steel and grinder dust and makes it more difficult to slide in the groove..My solution is... I made a blade holder out of hardwood and it was greatly improved...I also made one to hold a single point diamond for wheel dressing...It can be made to advance the diamond incrementally for precision dressing of the wheel.

That's true Jack! You have to keep a rag handy to clean the slot and the guide on the bottom of the blade holder. Using a CBN wheel is not as a regular wheel, but you still get grit.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(06-11-2018, 01:15 PM)blackhat Wrote: Check out the Veritas grinder rest from Lee Valley.

I already have the grinder rest with the Oneway Wolverine system. The Veritas does have the blade holding jig, but I really don't want another rest. A blade holding jig for the Oneway rest would work. Guess I could fashion one that referenced off the bottom/rear of the rest plate, but not sure if that is square to the grinding surface, will have to check on that.
(06-12-2018, 10:10 AM)Youngbuck Wrote: No experience but I've seen this on my go to sharpening supply joint  

Tormek wolverine adapter

[Image: TOR-_OWC200_1.jpg]

[Image: TOR-_OWC200.jpg]

That with the square edge jig would probably work perfect. Just the $79 plus $68 price tag was a bit more then I wanted to spend.