What to do with...
Plant Stand.  
Got the bevels all done, today..

Used a few planes to make the bevels...

Stanley #4c ( Made in England) a Millers Falls #14 jack plane, and a Shelton low angle block plane.   

Got the tenons done, after finding out long long to make the aprons, including the tenons..

Chopped a few mortises..

The "foot" on the end of the legs wound up having to be hung over the side of the bench.   Managed to get three mortises chopped, and a test fit..

And was starting to lay out the next  mortise,, legs started cramping up...my legs, that is..
Upset ..swept the shop, and called it a day
Rolleyes 

Maybe tomorrow, I can get the rest of the mortises chopped?  
Confused

Stay tuned..
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
That sure is going to be a fancy one.  Looking great.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Saturday was Rust Hunt day, Sunday was a cookout.  
Winkgrin
Winkgrin   Not much got done, woodworking...
No

May open the shop up tomorrow, as the shop is closed on Mondays....we'll see.
Winkgrin

Need to get this project done, because I was informed  a 8yr old GrandBRAT needs a smallish 3 drawer chest of drawers,,,,so he won't just toss the clothes all over the floor,
Upset

Not sure what the wood for it will be, yet....
Rolleyes
Stay tuned..
Well, I did go to the shop...I was just going to clean up that backsaw I picked over the weekend...really, I was...got to looking at that plant stand project...one thing led to another
Rolleyes 

Chopped the remaining mortises....then spread some glue....trying to get more on the parts, than on me...clamped the thing up
Cool  

Checked the diagonals for square...had to add a fifth clamp
Rolleyes 

To pull things into square....then dug out a couple blocks..

That I'll trim to size and notch....and maybe some pilot holes for screws...

About that saw?

It does a decent job of cutting....seemed a bit short for my Stanley #2246 Mitre box.  Hmmm, measure this thing again....4"x 22"?   Might have a box for this saw..
Rolleyes 

If I don't decide to keep it as a carcass saw...

Stay tuned..
Winkgrin
Just piling on to say that I am enjoying the build. Not bored by it at all/

Thank you. It is looking good.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Photo 
Well, how about a PIP, then....
Got the stand out of the clamps today.   Added the blocking, and some dowels.....sanded things, ran the router around the top's edge....the haul it upstairs for the Boss' approval..
Winkgrin  

Top details...
Cool 

Screws stand out, because this will get painted, and sat on the porch..
Rolleyes  

Leg details....longer dowels are 1/2", short ones are 1/4"  ( ran out of the 1/2" stuff)

This stand is all that big....top is 9" wide, by 17" long...stands just under 21" tall.  
Cool 

This is the size of the planter it will be holding.

Waiting on a colour choice from the Boss, as to what colour paint she wants. 
Rolleyes

Other than that, Project is done...thanks for looking in..
Winkgrin
And that may be it for a while....medical reasons say I need to avoid sharp objects.    Doing a trial of a blood thinner for a few weeks...then maybe a little work on the heart.   They are trying to reduce the chance of blood clots causing a stroke.   Maybe after I get the "go ahead" again....I may be doing that 3 drawer "Chester Drawers"....

Stay tuned.....will update as things go along...
Looks great Bandit

What is the next project going to be?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I like those feet! And, a nice save of the slab top. Great project!

Re, blood thinners: Don't blow your nose. Grass pollen has turned me into a sprinkler and a lot of that snot turns into beet juice. And, don't touch anything but feathers or the bruises make you look ab-used. 

Ps. Have to make light of life's little irritations. I've laughed with costumers where I volunteer, and see their last take-home return a couple weeks later. Humor always helps.....