Jet 1840DVR
I posted this in Woodturning but there is little activity there anymore.

I am interested in upgrading from the Jet 1442 and wonder if anyone has any first hand experience with DVR motors?
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(06-16-2018, 02:11 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: I posted this in Woodturning but there is little activity there anymore.

I am interested in upgrading from the Jet 1442 and wonder if anyone has any first hand experience with DVR motors?

I thing you need to wait for people to get home or back inside.  Nova lathes come with that motor and you have one reply and will get more I am sure.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I just recently bought a Nova Galaxi, and so far the DVR system is fantastic.  It is a learning curve though, but I love the functions that I didn't have on my old Delta.
Bill, full disclosure, I do a fair amount of paid work for Teknatool. 

That out there, the DVR technology is really good. Direct drive, no belts or pulleys, no runnout. The DC inverter supplies 100% power at all rpms. It also detects resistance spikes to brake automatically in the case of a catch.

I had the DVR 2024 for 6 years, have the Galaxi now and I have their DVR Voyager Drill Press. I am a big fan of the DVR technology.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
I got one of the Galaxi lathes last year after having an older Delta with a reeves drive for 10 years. While I love old arn, the new lathes do so much more, it's not really a comparison. Besides the functionality of the motor, you have the ability to move the headstock anywhere on the bed and pivot it to any angle. I bought mine when they were about 500 off the 2500 price, and love it.
(06-16-2018, 02:11 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: I posted this in Woodturning but there is little activity there anymore.

I have an older DVR 3000 lathe the model prior to the XP  its been problem free for the past10-11 years I've had it.
I have thrown some extremely large blanks on it outboard  I have had nothing but great results from the DVR motor.
I just wish they still sold the 2024 model that Handi had for e few years. I have yet to not be able to turn any size  blank
and it operates so smooth. Very strong motor and great for the lathe application.
Tim