Cha-Ching!
(06-18-2018, 06:11 PM)giradman Wrote: Imaginative, great looking, and well done - congrats!  I'm sure the recipient will be appreciative -  Dave
Smile

I agree with that absolutely
Cool !
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Thanks, everybody for the extremely nice comments.

I took it to the store this afternoon and gave it to the gals working there.

They asked me to stop by this Friday, when they give it to him.
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
Is there any money in it? That *would* be cool.
Thumbs Up 
Sweet!!..........
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(06-20-2018, 12:03 AM)hbmcc Wrote: Is there any money in it? That *would* be cool.

Actually, I thought about putting some money in it.

That is a 6 inch rule in front of it.

I would have to reduce the size of the bills considerably just to get them in the drawer.

I also thought about making dividers in the drawer just for more "scale realism", but realized it would not hold anything in the drawer then.  At least now, he can put rings or tie clips in it now.  
Big Grin

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
(06-20-2018, 06:27 AM)6270_Productions Wrote: Actually, I thought about putting some money in it.

That is a 6 inch rule in front of it.

I would have to reduce the size of the bills considerably just to get them in the drawer.

I also thought about making dividers in the drawer just for more "scale realism", but realized it would not hold anything in the drawer then.  At least now, he can put rings or tie clips in it now.  
Big Grin

Very cool idea and nicely made
Cool   where did you get the hardware?

Don
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Great job and a really neat project.
John
(06-20-2018, 08:10 AM)Woodshop Wrote: Very cool idea and nicely made
Cool   where did you get the hardware?

Don

Two stories about the hardware store -

I would be working in the Shop and someone would knock on the door.  Anybody that has been to the Shop knows you don't need to knock on the door.  Therefore it must be someone that has never visited me before.

Of course, I tell them to come in.  I was right.  I don't know them.

When I ask what I can do for them, they place something on the workbench and say "Jack sent me here.  He did not have one of these and thought you might."  Usually I did have one - or would make one for them.  This happened two or three times per year.

Story Number two -

I would go to the hardware store looking for "something".  The new gals would always ask me what they could get for me.  I would tell them I would know it when I saw it.  I was on the hunt for a particular "thing" to use on whatever it was I was building.  Who knows where I might find it - electrical, hardware, household, tools?  It could be anywhere.  They would follow me around trying to help, but honestly they really did not know what I needed either.

When I finished the project, I would take it back to the store and show them.  That was the time they could look at it and identify the "thing" I was looking for.  It might be a piece of a household drinking glass, a plumbing fitting (after modification on my metal lathe), or an electrical doo-dad that wasn't used on anything with electricity.

Memories enough to last me a lifetime.  Thanks, Jack.

Anyway, to answer your question. 

The levers for the keys are made from 1/8" x 3/8" brass tube.  I cut them at the appropriate miter angle and soldered them together.  Just to make things a little more solid, I filled them with epoxy. 

The buttons for the levers are miniature 3/8" brass drawer knobs I had in "inventory".  I am always buying stuff to have in "inventory".

The brass finials at the top were found in the electrical department - lamp parts.

The brass plates for the number display were cut from 3/4" x 1/8" sheet stock.  Of course, the short ones on the left are just sized differently.  You have to remember there was no need for the cash register to actually work so I was able to save some time there.  
Winkgrin

I cut the glass front and back in the number display from the last piece of glass I will ever buy from Jack.  
Sad

The numbers on the brass plates in the number display are just adhesive vinyl numbers.

The small knob to hold the spring loaded drawer closed is a 3/16" brass screw with a brass knurled nut at the top and the treads covered with a brass tube epoxied to the screw.

The logo plate is a reduced copy from one of their ads and placed under a piece of plexiglass I had sitting around the Shop.  (Yea, I know.  Who keeps tiny pieces of plexiglass sitting around the Shop?  Well . . . I do.)

The "marble" shelf in front of the buttons is actually a small piece of solid surface counter top I had sitting around the Shop.  (See the comment about plexiglass above.)

Oh, I had the oak sitting on the lumber rack.  
Big Grin

Such a cool project and a nice story.  Well done!
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(06-20-2018, 09:05 AM)6270_Productions Wrote: Two stories about the hardware store -

I would be working in the Shop and someone would knock on the door.  Anybody that has been to the Shop knows you don't need to knock on the door.  Therefore it must be someone that has never visited me before.

Of course, I tell them to come in.  I was right.  I don't know them.

When I ask what I can do for them, they place something on the workbench and say "Jack sent me here.  He did not have one of these and thought you might."  Usually I did have one - or would make one for them.  This happened two or three times per year.

Story Number two -

I would go to the hardware store looking for "something".  The new gals would always ask me what they could get for me.  I would tell them I would know it when I saw it.  I was on the hunt for a particular "thing" to use on whatever it was I was building.  Who knows where I might find it - electrical, hardware, household, tools?  It could be anywhere.  They would follow me around trying to help, but honestly they really did not know what I needed either.

When I finished the project, I would take it back to the store and show them.  That was the time they could look at it and identify the "thing" I was looking for.  It might be a piece of a household drinking glass, a plumbing fitting (after modification on my metal lathe), or an electrical doo-dad that wasn't used on anything with electricity.

Memories enough to last me a lifetime.  Thanks, Jack.

Anyway, to answer your question. 

The levers for the keys are made from 1/8" x 3/8" brass tube.  I cut them at the appropriate miter angle and soldered them together.  Just to make things a little more solid, I filled them with epoxy. 

The buttons for the levers are miniature 3/8" brass drawer knobs I had in "inventory".  I am always buying stuff to have in "inventory".

The brass finials at the top were found in the electrical department - lamp parts.

The brass plates for the number display were cut from 3/4" x 1/8" sheet stock.  Of course, the short ones on the left are just sized differently.  You have to remember there was no need for the cash register to actually work so I was able to save some time there.  
Winkgrin

I cut the glass front and back in the number display from the last piece of glass I will ever buy from Jack.  
Sad

The numbers on the brass plates in the number display are just adhesive vinyl numbers.

The small knob to hold the spring loaded drawer closed is a 3/16" brass screw with a brass knurled nut at the top and the treads covered with a brass tube epoxied to the screw.

The logo plate is a reduced copy from one of their ads and placed under a piece of plexiglass I had sitting around the Shop.  (Yea, I know.  Who keeps tiny pieces of plexiglass sitting around the Shop?  Well . . . I do.)

The "marble" shelf in front of the buttons is actually a small piece of solid surface counter top I had sitting around the Shop.  (See the comment about plexiglass above.)

Oh, I had the oak sitting on the lumber rack.  
Big Grin

Thanks
Sounds allot like my shop and the same things I do. I got allot of little things I save for times like that. you never know what they will become in their new life. Imagination is a cool thing
Yes  I now have a metal lathe. look out world I could be dangerous
Laugh
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop