it's always something, GFCI breaker keeps blowing edition
(06-30-2018, 08:45 AM)EricU Wrote: I suppose that's why they want you to pigtail instead of running more than one wire into a breaker.

Most breakers are not listed (UL, CSA, etc.) for more than one conductor on a lug.  Square D QO series are one exception, but most aren't listed to accept more than one.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
I have CH breakers, which I think are listed for two conductors.  I'm not going to go back and pigtail the whole panel unless I have to, that's for sure.  On the gfi breaker, the neutral lug is partially obstructed by the hot lines, so I figure that's why they didn't get it tight enough.

I discovered my panel doesn't take tandem breakers, which is a bummer.  I guess a subpanel is in my future.
(06-30-2018, 10:37 AM)EricU Wrote: I have CH breakers, which I think are listed for two conductors.  

Some in their residential line are, yes.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"