pieces parts marking methods
You might try to do some assembly at a lower level to keep the piece count down.

carl
(06-21-2018, 01:45 PM)Carl Grover Wrote: You might try to do some assembly at a lower level to keep the piece count down.

carl

That's probably really good advice Carl.

I've been reaching above my pay grade ever since I started down this handtool path, but I've found that my skills, such as they are, get better when I push my personal envelope farther than I can comfortably get. Stretching out into new directions and pushing to pick up new skills is part of what makes this enjoyable for me. 

I appreciate the advice. 

Jeff
Yes, I use triangles for all panel glue-ups. For M&T, I’ve used letters, numbers, Roman numerals—and even my kids’ initials when I get bored with the other methods. I usually pencil them in, but I’ve also used a chisel to cut in Roman numerals.

Any sequence of distinguishable marks will do.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
(06-22-2018, 02:40 PM)Bibliophile 13 Wrote: Yes, I use triangles for all panel glue-ups. For M&T, I’ve used letters, numbers, Roman numerals—and even my kids’ initials when I get bored with the other methods. I usually pencil them in, but I’ve also used a chisel to cut in Roman numerals.

Any sequence of distinguishable marks will do.

A sequence of indistinguishable marks can be more fun.  
Big Grin

Or frustrating.
Uhoh
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin