Toy car idea
Wanted to post this for a long time and today I was doing some work in the studio and happened to remember these.

I was cutting some holes with a hole saw in the 5/4" popular and looking at the plugs I was thinking these would be made great tires on a little car, so I saved them.  A couple of days latter I took the rest of the scrap 5/4 and sketched out some car shapes, cut them on the bandsaw, drilled the holes on the drill press, rounded over the edges on the router table and in a couple of  hours I have three little cars. Axles are just dowel stock. 

Never really considered myself creative but am really happy with these and wanted to share the idea since I don't have any need to make any more. I rarely play with toy cars anymore. :-)

I made one from some 3/4" stock and I recommend sticking with 5/4 or thicker. They look MUCH better!!

[Image: 28071501987_716dc4b828_c.jpg]SJH_7623 by Jeff Horton, on Flickr
I have found how much a boat is used is inversely related to how much it weighs.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight kayaks

I'd say the ability to build a kayak should qualify you as creative. I would say there is definitely creativity involved in some of the project builds you have posted.

Everything was going just fine, then you wrote..."Never really considered myself creative".  
There might be some on here who have not seen your work, but the rest of us are not falling for that line!

Cars are cute.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Mmmm uhuh. Put some floats on those then you could pull them behind one of your kayaks.
You might pick up some riders.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Nice use of otherwise scrap wood.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
(06-21-2018, 06:30 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: Everything was going just fine, then you wrote..."Never really considered myself creative".  
There might be some on here who have not seen your work, but the rest of us are not falling for that line!
Kayaks are more Engineering with a bit of styling as an afterthought but thanks.
I have found how much a boat is used is inversely related to how much it weighs.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight kayaks

Cute toys! Your photography is really impressive, too! The kayak build(s) bring back a wave of memories. Thanks.
Those are really slick. If you have any little ones around they'll be having you make every car shape there is. Look at classic car profiles for ideas. And show what else you come up with. 

One of the best things I ever made was a large set of blocks from construction 2x12 cutoffs. Used daily. 
Smile
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure