Two out of three ain't bad
  Re: Two out of three ain't bad by Wild Turkey (Electrical inspector...)
(06-23-2018, 07:49 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: 10/3 w/ground.  220 v circuit.

Went with lighter stuff because bending 10 ga that far off the floor is more exciting than I like. Rolleyes

Would have found the staple if I'd been able to finish double checking things but GFCI that fed the extension cord I was using for power decided to retire.  It's little light was still burning so it was last thing I checked Upset

To me, bending 10 gauge while on the floor is a problem.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
  Re: RE: Two out of three ain't bad by Wild Turkey ([quote='BloomingtonM...)
(06-23-2018, 07:49 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: 10/3 w/ground.  220 v circuit.

10/3 w/ground would be for a 120/240V circuit, like a clothes dryer.  A 240V (only) load requires only two conductors (plus ground), like an electric water heater.  Or a table saw.  Just sayin'.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combo of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet.”

The inspector must find problems.  They need to justify their existence.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
  Re: RE: Two out of three ain't bad by Cecil (The inspector must f...)
(06-24-2018, 01:46 PM)Cecil Wrote: The inspector must find problems.  They need to justify their existence.

The basic problem is you have 12 gauge wire rated for 20 amps on a 30 amp circuit.  Roly
  Re: RE: Two out of three ain't bad by Roly ([quote='Cecil' pid='...)
(06-24-2018, 01:57 PM)Roly Wrote: The basic problem is you have 12 gauge wire rated for 20 amps on a 30 amp circuit.  Roly

Yes, but the light fixture had 16ga wire so I figured the wire was still bigger than that in the fixture.

But it was an easy fix and he'll be happy now (I hope Rolleyes )
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
He passed my "rough in" so now I'm putting covers on and getting ready for the utility folks to hook it up Big Grin

He did suggest that I use an extension on the boxes where there were more than one set of wires -- the extra space sure made it easier to install the covers.

Now I need to get the passage door (4' steel) installed and I can get the framing inspection so I can get the insulation installed and the bottom of the walls covered.

Then comes the hard part -- moving all my stuff in and getting it arranged Rolleyes
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)