Shed Project: Floor Framing
Nice... Plank flooring... fancy stuff
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(06-24-2018, 01:42 AM)mike4244 Wrote: Keep it covered til the roof is on. If it gets wet the boards will  expand. When I was young and built houses ,plywood for the subfloors was not yet common. We hand nailed T&G 1 x 6 boards for decking. Every 8'-0" feet one board was left out for expansion if the deck got wet. When the house was dried in we usually had to rip the tongue off each board that was left out. If we did not leave boards out the deck would have expanded and it would bulge. 
I recall one time where a deck had to be cut thru the bulges and remove several boards. 

mike

We're going to test that Mike because it's been raining on and off ever since I finished the floor.  I assume the T&G floor boards used to build a house are kiln dried.  I'm hoping my AD stuff won't re-expand much when it gets wet.  Guess we'll know in a couple of days or so.  The boards I used are straight edged, so it won't be hard to remove one or two if I see it starting to misbehave.  

John