Front load washer leaking
I have been having some troubles with my kenmore front loading washer leaking. I replaced the bellows seal even though the old one did not look damaged. Was nasty on the back side of the seal so not a total loss. Problem is it is still leaking. The first pic is showing the front of the balance weight. The second pic is the back side of that weight and you can see water dripping from the top of the weight. Any idea what is leaking and how to fix it?

Is it leaking in all cycles? Or just when filling or spinning/draining?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Only reason I asked that is because I googled it and saw that question asked.

You're on your own from here.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

I haven't yet figured out at what point in the cycle it starts leaking.
(06-25-2018, 06:52 AM)Bope Wrote: I haven't yet figured out at what point in the cycle it starts leaking.

I have no direct knowledge but could it be a hole in the drum itself?  Or a leaky shaft seal?  

John
(06-25-2018, 09:31 AM)jteneyck Wrote: I have no direct knowledge but could it be a hole in the drum itself?  Or a leaky shaft seal?  

John

I am not an expert, but I once took my front-loading maytag apart to replace the back bearings. Not really much in there. The bearings were $99 and a repairman would want to replace the whole ($450) shroud. There was a lot of play in the bearing. Does the drum move up and down too much?

Electronic circuit board in back top
belt from motor to back of drum
Motor
Shroud made of that hard plastic
Drum goes in shroud
water Pump
hose to and from pump
seal around shroud and attached to front of machine
small drain in bottom of seal

Check both of the water pump hoses and the tiny drain and drain hose
WoodTinker
drum on that machine is made of two halves, reach under and check if the water is coming out further back, towards the middle of the housing. There is a small $20 seal that goes between the halves.
no permiti el bicho morderte
You jinxed me. I heard the drip drip drip yesterday. I had already replaced the hot water valve on the left and now one of the cold water valves was leaking. The valve body gasket isn't the problem, the stem is corroded.
This washer is 10-12 years old and developed a motor noise last fall, so I'm not spending any more time and money on it since we will be replacing it.
But to get us going until then, I wire the cold water lines (See the wire nut) to the hot water valve and shut the cold water off. We just get hot water and that's fine for now.

[Image: fIwlp7S.jpg]
(07-08-2018, 02:57 PM)daddo Wrote: You jinxed me.

Same here.
Upset  
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Top load washer, water pump went out. Luckily had a used washer I saved from the scrappers that had a like new pump on it.
Winkgrin
Back in business in about 20 minutes.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Those things have a lot of places that can go bad and start leaking. I've replaced the rubber gasket around the door once do to a tear and had it off several other times (between 2 machines) to know what a pita it is to get it set again. Check that spring around the gasket and make sure it's seating properly, like a snug tongue and grove. Then there's all the hoses etc. I once had the two halves of the drum apart too because something got wrapped around the axel. What a pita. I managed to put it all back together with no leaks. I'd guess that unless you had those 2 halves apart it's unlikely to be the source of the leak, but it very well could be.

Btw while you have access check that coin basket for debris. If your font loader doesn't have a short panel at the bottom front and you have to take off the entire front to get to the coin basket, then you can do what I did and cut a hole in the front so you can check that coin basket once in a while with greater ease.

Can you tell I hate these things? After our second front loader died (with too many electronic issues for me to resilve) I switched to a top loader with no agitator and am.very happy with it.
I doubt I'll buy another front loader.
Ray