Apothecary chest - video
I made a not-so-short video this weekend in response to a request. I should not be so eager to please. It is not recommend viewing late at night, unless you are seeking a cure for your insomnia. 

This is the first time I have done anything like this - I bet you can tell [Image: redface.gif]

I do hope that you get something from it. There are a number of techniques that I demonstrate that may be new to you. 

Feel free to throw popcorn at the screen. 

I hope it leads to some discussion.

[video=youtube]http://I made a not-so-short video this weekend in response to a request. I should not be so eager to please. It is not recommend viewing late at night, unless you are seeking a cure for your insomnia.   This is the first time I have done anything like this - I bet you can tell   I do hope that you get something from it. There are a number of techniques that I demonstrate that may be new to you.   Feel free to throw popcorn at the screen.   I hope it leads to some discussion.  [video=dailymotion]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKMADs1MNpE&feature=youtu.be[/video]  

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Thanks for posting this Derek! It will be a day or two before I can view the video, but I'm looking forward to watching it. You do great work and I'm glad to see you recording, and sharing, some of your process.
Derek, you are in good theatrical company and have nothing to apologize about. A believable mug, too.
Wink Often, your 30 or 35 minute process is burned out in 5, 10 minutes and everyone thinks the task is easy and quick. Thanks, for torturing yourself with the full monty.

Have you done the opposite side?
Just the thing for- eye of nute, lizard gizzard, snap dragon fodder, bat wings and potions.
Winkgrin

A flexible mount (as I'm sure you know) for the camera would help position at the work in order to see what you're actually doing.

Otherwise, I cheated and went to the end part to see the dovetail- excellent job!
(06-25-2018, 02:46 PM)daddo Wrote: Just the thing for- eye of nute, lizard gizzard, snap dragon fodder, bat wings and potions.
Winkgrin

A flexible mount (as I'm sure you know) for the camera would help position at the work in order to see what you're actually doing.

Otherwise, I cheated and went to the end part to see the dovetail- excellent job!

Thank you, Derek!  For this and ALL you do for us and our craft!
Excellent video Derek! Thanks for sharing
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
Wow! Had to watch over 2 days. And you have how many corners that have to be dovetailed? I don't normally watch videos but this one was quite compelling. Thank you!
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Thanks for the video, Derek.

Smile Thanks for the video.  Looks like a great chest with loads of patience built-in.

someone is really going to be rewarded with this Apothecary Chest
(06-26-2018, 09:23 AM)Belle City Woodworking Wrote: Excellent video Derek!  Thanks for sharing

Yes!!!! Excellent!

Thanks Derek!
Skip