Aaaaahhhhhhhh !!!!
Heart 
I just came in from the first turning of a new piece. Is these anything more satisfying than when a fresh turning goes from chunka chunka chunka to hisssssssssssssssssssss ? When the waste goes from a spray of chips to a fountain of long curly shavings?

I'll put up a pic after I part it away from the faceplate.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
(06-26-2018, 10:45 AM)SceneryMaker Wrote:  Is these anything more satisfying than when a fresh turning goes from chunka chunka chunka to hisssssssssssssssssssss ?  

I can think of a few things.
Smirk 
Looking forward to seeing the new creation.
Here's how it turned out. I think the wood is ash but I'm not real sure. The base is walnut. The finish is spar varnish because it's likely to see a hard life in its new home.

Attached Files Image(s)

We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
(06-29-2018, 09:59 PM)SceneryMaker Wrote: Here's how it turned out.  I think the wood is ash but I'm not real sure.  The base is walnut.  The finish is spar varnish because it's likely to see a hard life in its new home.

Very nice work I like the shape.
Looks good. Congratulations !
Ditto on liking the shape,love the finish as well.Beautiful job.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Great description of the sounds of turning! And good job on the vase.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
So very nice Ken.  I hope to do as well.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.