Painting Over Latex Paint in a Garage
Just to wrap this up, I finished up the project last week.

I did prime with the BIN water based primer and then put on one top coat of a PPG/Glidden 100% acrylic paint (had some left over from previous project so decided to keep going with it). Primed & painted everything. It needs another coat, and I'll probably do that in about 5 years when the wife decides she doesn't still like the color she picked out this time.

Colored the floor too. Started out by renting a stone grinder and going over it four times until the stones had nothing left. Decided that the floor was still too "wavy" to invest in one of the good epoxy coatings I originally had intended. So we shifted gears to a concrete stain. After an etching, a priming, and a stain application, I let it dry for a week. The stain was fairly thin. I rolled it on and it seemed like paint. Still seems like paint. Doesn't have the variation I expected to get with stain. And since the new floor is no so monochromatic, all the little waves in the floor are now visually apparent.

I'm hanging curtains to cover the windows in the garage tomorrow. And LOML has informed that she wants the apron leading up to the garage stained as well. It never ends. I taped off a nice, crisp line underneath the garage door. It never even occurred to me the include the apron of the garage. Why not go ahead and get all the driveway too? I gave her a valid excuse that I couldn't hold the garage warm enough for the stain with the door open.

She informed me that it looked stupid to not have the short apron stained the same color. I thought to myself that it would look stupid to me if the apron was the same color. And the silver bullet I thought I had was the one I got shot by. Her Dad colored their garage floor the same way I did ours, with a line at the door. Maybe I'll dig this thread up again in the spring with an addition of a colored garage apron.
Prime any fresh mud or bare drywall with a PVA primer. then if you wish prime everything with BIN. From experience the only thing that sticks to bare mud or bare drywall is PVA primer.