Three Drawer Chest of Drawers
Guess I had better get busy....have until the morning of the 18th of July...to have it done and delivered....

Bought a few pine boards at Lowes the other day....about what I could afford to buy..which wasn't much...
Four 1 x 2 x 6'   ...$2.95 each
One 1 x 3 x 6'   same price

The rest of the $42 went to three glued up panels.....two @ 3/4 x 12 x 36" and one @ 3/4" x  16"x 48"

Was going to do glue ups of 1 x 10s for the panels....don't ask what Lowes was asking....didn't have the time to run over to menard's and buy all the lumber I needed for less than Lowes.
Upset

Anyway, got to looking at those two side panels...thinking 12" would be too narrow for the sides of a dresser....added that length of 1 x 3 as a glue up..
Winkgrin  

Set both aside to dry.   Mitersaw to make the cuts
Cool 

Also used it to cut the four 1 x 2s down....needed 8 parts, at 25" long..

These will be the front and backs of the web frames.  Need four frames made.
With these cut, wasn't enough left over to do all the end pieces...
Rolleyes   

And deal with knots and such.   End pieces needed to be 12-1/2" long.....had to dig around in the scrap piles, and find enough stuff to make four more end pieces

Some of which needed resawn for width.   Planed for thickness, as some were a tad ..fat
Uhoh , and some needed the edges jointed.....Two of the parts  are Ash....
Stay tuned...the fun is just beginning ....
Rolleyes
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Part 2
Confused    Had to clean off the Langdon 75..
Rolleyes 

Reset the depth stops.   Looking to make 1/2" long 1/4" thick tenons....laid out for the shoulder cuts

And the Mitersaw to make the cuts..
Cool 

Then the Bandsaw to make the cheek cuts..

Still need to make the kickers.   May wind up going to Menard's and buying the rest of the lumber needed.....Need to clean off the Shop Stool..
Rolleyes    

As the next episode will involve chop the mortises for the tenons to fit into.   At least, I get to sit down doing that.  

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Set out about 2:30 pm..and headed for the shop.....finally closed it at 6 pm.....Not a happy camper, either.   I do have gloves now
Cool  

For working with sharp, pointy objects..
Rolleyes  

Got set up to do a few mortises..
Cool  

But why the backsaw?
Confused   Well, this will take a bit...but once the mortise is laid out, to match the tenon..

I saw at an angle...then do 5-6 "pulls" with the toe of the saw from the back to the open end...Mortise chisel then chops a relief hole at the back..

Then the chisel lays down, and pops the waste out....
Winkgrin

Stay tuned  for the next episode of the Sunday Follies..
Uhoh
Ok..once enough had been dug out, a dry fit was attempted
Rolleyes  

Then a mark was made, so I could keep track of what part went where...
Cool 

Why two marks?
Confused 

Because it was the second one done..for this frame.  Kept going, and going..and finally had two done.   Glue up involved  a couple clamps and..
Rolleyes 

a couple nails.   Held back a ways, to allow a 1/2" dovetail router bit to go by.....sliding dovetails to connect the frames to the side panels...set the two aside, while I worked on a third one...out of four total. 

Was working on #3.   noticed #1 and #2 were bent a bit.....and that is where things went downhill...stay tuned..
Ok..when I was nailing those corners, I laid an old hunk of scrap iron under the joint.    Better nailing, and any "points" that came through, were re-directed back up into the wood.  3/4" long nails.....wood was supposed to also be..3/4" thick....yeah..right.   Ok...decided after frame #3 was in the clamps and nailed off,  to try to "fix" the first  two frames... Thought I could c clamp them flat.......SNAP!....
Upset
Upset
Upset
Upset   One tenon snapped right off....was NOT in the mood to make a new part....decided to get a few toys out..
Uhoh 

While the frames were clamped together....the jack plane worked at leveling the playing field, until the sides matched.   A drill for the pilot holes, another to countersink them....and a small screwdriver
Rolleyes ...Hammer was a just in case of...
Winkgrin 
had a handful of 3"  #6 screws....one per corner per frame..

Was going to do #3 frame the same way...seems I ran out of the 3" screws.....just the way the day was going
Upset  

Sooo, I hung the frame up, out of the way, swept the floor, and closed the shop....even with the shop fan running on "HIGH" was still too warm in the shop....and the dryer wasn't even on
No     Need to get a box of screws tomorrow.    Maybe Tuesday, I can get the  fourth frame done?    Then gang all four up, make sure they all match each other....and then router a dovetail on the ends.    Might even add the kickers....after the router is done.    Need to dig up the edge guide for it, too. 

Stay tuned, still trying to get this done before the 18th of July.....then I go on the DL for a while...
Picked up a box of screws today.    Finished up Frame #3.....
Winkgrin

Started on #4....two mortises are done.
Cool    Glued the ends in place,  all clamped to the bench, and checked for square.   One end needed a caul....to get rid of a leaner. 

Letting the glue dry.....may sneak back and chop the last two mortises..later.
Rolleyes

Monday...usually the shop is closed......because of the deadline to get this project done....may have to work on Mondays, anyway..
Uhoh
All four frames are assembled.

all four frames are now matched for width, so they all match each other.   Jack plane and a beltsander.  Clamped the mess to the side of the bench..
Cool 

And set up that corded tool...
Rolleyes 

Reset the fence a couple times..
Winkgrin 

Once to make these cuts, and then right down the center of the stacked parts
Rolleyes 

Later today, I'll flip this stack around, and do the other end of the stack.    Then work on the side panels.   They need flattened at the glue up, then lay out where the sliding dovetail sockets will go....Then I can mill those.    Have a wooden router guide...also used for circular saws..and the bandsaw...that I can guide the router across the panel.    Need to mill a rebate along the back edges of the panels, to house the 1/4" plywood back.   Have a Stanley/Wards #78 to do that.

Once the shop cools down a bit, I can get back to work....
Rolleyes
Winkgrin
I really enjoy your build along threads!

Thanks and please keep them coming!
[/quote]
Bandit

I so wish you could have come to my house.  I had 6 really nice figured 1x12x40" pine boards I was going to give you that would have looked superb for the projects.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Trying to process 30+ pictures down to something this site can handle....
Rolleyes 
Planed the other end of the stack of frames...

Wanted all edges to match, before the router can cut all of these pins
Rolleyes 

Not the prettiest, but where these be going...doesn't really matter, other than they fit...set the stack aside, until the kickers get here...
Got the two panels out of the clamps, to get the sides of the case done......the pieces I added on were a bit too thick..
Uhoh  

So, the worst was removed with the Stanley No.8
Cool  

By the time this side was done, arms were getting tired...flipped the panel over, and got out a couple lighter
Rolleyes  planes 

Stanley No. 7c (type 9) and a Stanley No. 4 ( type 10)   the smoother was more to clean up a couple spots.  

Had a bad spot down on one end....knot had caused a bunch of tear-out.....Hmmmm..make that spot the "inside" of the case..down at the foot of the case.

As it turned out, when I laid out for the three drawers....bad spot was not in the plan.   By the time I got the feet profile cut, it had just dropped to the floor....with the rest of the waste
Winkgrin 
Was this the end of the day's work?   Nope...more to come..was a very busy day, yesterday
Stay tuned....
Winkgrin