Three Drawer Chest of Drawers
Ok, layout work...
Cool ...got out two pieces of scrap Pine, that matched the thicknesses of the frame and kicker, combined....Marked out a "Top" on the panel.  Set the pair a little below the top edge....wanted room for the corner glue blocks to sit.   Large square to mark the layout lines across the panel......allowing a 7" space for each drawer ( using 1 x 8s for the drawers) measuring from bottom of the kicker to the top of the next frame...

Got to the "bottom"   and measured down from the top of the frame 5"..to form the feet....used an  old varnish can to mark a profile
Rolleyes 

Hmmm, seems the can had a dent....will fine tune that away, before I trace onto the other panel
Had two "Vintage" Sabresaws ( B&D made)...chose one for the straight cuts on the feet..

Yep, an all metal sabre saw.   cut was quiet, no deflections...ran great ( new blade helps
Rolleyes )..the green plastic bodied one got a scrolling blade, to do the curves
Cool 

Yep, bad curve...will clean that up after awhile....Got out a "speed square"
Rolleyes
Winkgrin
Cool  

Have a job for this to do.   Involves cutting sockets for sliding dovetails....stay tuned...
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
To set the speed square, first I needed to know how far from the center of the router bit to the edge of the router base was  

I also needed to mark the center of the socket....and then set the speed square for that distance..

Used a larger square, to set things  square to the edge.   2 clamps to hold the jig, the panel and the bench together,,,didn't want any to move around 

Speed square does have a cleat, 90 degrees to the long side, underneath....jig is at least 10 years old, so it is nice to double check it...Router was fired up, pushed through the cut, while also pushing the router against the fence...didn't want it wandering around....then pull the router back through the cut to clean it out...
Winkgrin   

Then, reset the speed square for the next cut...slide the panel down to where I can clamp it up.   And then make the second socket out of four needed..
Cool  

Was getting a bit worn out ( me, that is
Winkgrin ) so I cleaned up the shop, and then called it a day.....I did rotate the panel around, so I can do the other two slots.....

Maybe today, I can go and hide out in the shop?
Rolleyes   maybe get the side all groovy?   Both side panels will need a rebate along the back edge...to house the plywood back.

Stay tuned...
Rock on Bandit!!

We love these builds that you so kindly post.

Yes
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Well..got the other two sockets done on Side #1, today..
Cool  

The worked on a rebate along the edge, for the plywood back.

Used the #78...which is why my left thumb is sore...
Uhoh  

Set side #1 aside, and planed side #2 flat.....then set #1 on top..

And marked where the cuts would be.   I also marked where the dovetail sockets will be..
Cool 

Then got things ready to do some cutting....stay tuned
Winkgrin
Feet profile was cut with the vintage sabresaw..
Winkgrin 

When I have both sides clamped together, a beltsander can match them up.  Other (top, this time) end needed a straight crosscut..speedsquare guided, of course
Winkgrin  

Used the all metal SKIL saw, 6" blade style..
Cool 

Then used the speed square and the router, to cut the dovetail sockets.   Then that thumb-bruiser #78 to mill a rebate on side#2...finally, with the legs getting crampy...just clamped the two sides together...
Cool 

Mainly to check how the sockets line up....Decided to just leave the sides where they were..
Rolleyes  

And clean  the mess up off the floor...again...Shop's trash can is already 1/4 full....
Uhoh 
Legs hurt, thumb's sore..time to stop for the day.....almost got something done, today
Rolleyes 

Stay tuned...
Running out of time....

Got a dry fit done..
Winkgrin  

Going to take a LOT of clamps....
Uhoh  

Sides are a bit bowed in the middle....good thing I bought a few extra pipe clamps in the yard sales
Winkgrin  

May try a glue-up...IF I can get motivated out of the chair....60 degrees outside...may need a coat?
Rolleyes  

A dab of glue as each frame is slid into place.    Maybe I can get the panel for the top cut to length.   Then find a use for the cut-offs
Rolleyes 

Need to add the kickers to the frames, then do the glue up.....Case  will then have to sit around for awhile...until I am cleared to go back into the shop....then maybe do the face frame, and then three drawers built?    Through dovetails for the drawer fronts, dado to connect the back....Stanley #45 to make a groove for the drawer bottoms?
Goodness
You could make a house hold full of furniture in just a few months by yourself. 
Yes

Nice work again!!!
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Got the kickers made..
Cool  

Top has been cut to size, corners are rounded...

Kickers have been installed, sides attached to the frames..

And the corner blocks were made and installed...

Even had a couple pipe clamps left over...
Rolleyes 

Turned the assembly around so I could stash it here....out of the way, for a day or two....until the next batch of lumber arrives..

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Well, clamps have been removed, and stashed  
Winkgrin 

Holes drilled..

Leaned the drill, back and forth, to make a slot 

Centered the case onto the top, after I figured out which face was the better of the two
Rolleyes  and added a screw into each slot.   Didn't have the exact length, and a 2" was too long...grinder to shorten a bit, and add a new point..
Cool 

Unless I need the bench anytime soon..I'll leave the case here...

Now just waiting on the rest of the lumber to arrive.   Maybe by the weekend
Confused
Rolleyes 
Stay tuned..
Bandit

Is that center rail a guide for the drawers?  If so do you put a grove in the drawer or boards to guide the drawer?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.