Powermatic model75 Dust Collector Impeller
I have that I'm trying to see if iI can improve it performance until I can save for a 5hp Oneida Dust Gorilla. Has anyone ever increased to a larger impeller diameter? I will install a 5" system and only use one machine at a time so I should not have to worry about tripping the 3hp motor. I have a clip-on and will confirm once I decide. This is basically the same as the current PM 1900 collector, 14 "dia. on both.
When you say "only use one machine at a time"  do you mean that you will use the blast gates to limit the airflow?  I'd be very cautious about that -- too easy for a gate to be left open, etc, and the motor to get overloaded.

I'd use a restriction at the inlet to make sure it couldn't be overloaded -- wouldn't take long to cook the motor.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Your ammeter is your best friend in this case.  Do be careful.

I opened up the inlet and outlet of my "2 hp HFDC" when I put it on my Pentz cyclone separator, and it performs more like a 2 hp DC.  Well, more like a 1.5 hp.  Maybe.  But my problem is that the motor has no nameplate, and I've seen advertising from 12A to 16 or 18A for that unit, and of course advertising isn't authoritative.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Yes, I will check the amps. I would like to know if there is a larger impeller available (>14") that will fit the model 75 or the PM 1900 dust collector. Thanks.