How do you clean oil stains from concrete driveway?
Before using any solvent, first try to absorb any oil.  The solvent will allow the oil to penetrate deeper into the porous concrete.  

I would use the cat litter (or uncooked rice) and crush it into the oil and hose it off first.  Then soap and water, and then finally one of the solvent solutions listed above.  If all of that does not work, then the muriatic acid.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(07-05-2018, 08:10 AM)Cooler Wrote: Before using any solvent, first try to absorb any oil.  The solvent will allow the oil to penetrate deeper into the porous concrete.  

I would use the cat litter (or uncooked rice) and crush it into the oil and hose it off first.  Then soap and water, and then finally one of the solvent solutions listed above.  If all of that does not work, then the muriatic acid.

Why dosen't anyone use oil dry instead of cat liter ?   If the oil has already soaked in I also use a solvent and oil dry crushed underfoot.  Seems as the solvent mixes with the oil and allows it to be pulled into the oil dry.   Roly
Plain ol fine, wet sand works well on inside, very smooth concrete.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(07-05-2018, 02:24 PM)Roly Wrote: Why dosen't anyone use oil dry instead of cat liter ?   If the oil has already soaked in I also use a solvent and oil dry crushed underfoot.  Seems as the solvent mixes with the oil and allows it to be pulled into the oil dry.   Roly
Cat litter is easy to find in small quantities.  It is sterilized, which is not required for this application, but the ease of obtaining it is the main advantage.  

Uncooked rice is an excellent absorbent, except for the price, but in an emergency it can be put into service.

Saw dust works, but can be a pain to sweep up once it has absorbed the oil.

I still would not use solvent until I've tried absorbing the oil first.  I think the solvent will thin the oil and let it seep in deeper.  (Not speaking from experience, but from guess work.)
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.