Sliding Glass Door Repair
(07-08-2018, 02:05 PM)crokett™ Wrote: Ok. It's separating on both sides of the glass? In that case I'm thinking you should start budgeting for a new door.

No...meaning the sliding door is fine both inside and out.  It's the stationary door, only on the outside on the bottom that is separating.  It is separating pretty much the length (left to right)....

Sorry if I'm not describing this well...
(07-08-2018, 01:56 PM)JosephP Wrote: I'd take it to the local glass shop...I'd bet it can be repaired and is probably worth that expense if the other panel and the frame are all in good shape.  If they are not, replacing the whole thing is probably the best option.  

Hmm...I'm not sure how to get this non-moving panel out...I thought it was built into the frame and only the sliding panel moves/is removable.  It's a good idea about a local shop....because the frame and the slider are just fine...it's only this one section that has developed a problem.
I misunderstood...thought it was the door. Call and ask...they may be able to come and take it out? You can put a piece of plywood there for a few days while they take it back to do the repair...
(07-08-2018, 05:49 PM)JosephP Wrote: I misunderstood...thought it was the door.  Call and ask...they may be able to come and take it out?  You can put a piece of plywood there for a few days while they take it back to do the repair...

Thanks for the idea...I'll call and check around.
if you or the glass shop can't get the panel out, you may be able to use some system of wedges to clamp the frame of the panel straight. I don't know how much pressure it will take to straighten the frame. You'll have to figure out how to get epoxy in there first.