LED Light Flicker
(07-09-2018, 11:57 PM)BaileyNo5 Wrote:  When it has all LED bulbs in it, it flickers.  Take out an LED, add a 60 watt incandescent, it doesn't flicker.

Is the switch illuminated?

Old fashioned illuminated wall switches have no neutral connection and so rely on passing a small current through the bulb's filament to get their power.  This can wreak havoc with some CFL's and I'm wondering if it's messing with your LEDs as well.

Putting in one incandescent bulb "satisfies" the switch.

Mike
(07-10-2018, 10:51 PM)Ohio Mike Wrote: Is the switch illuminated?

Mike
Nope. No illuminated switch.
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
Change brand/style of LED bulb. Seems everything thing else is ruled out.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Do they flicker if only 1 or 2 are in
Have you tried replacing the switch ?   At least disconnect the two wires from the switch and connect together and turn circuit back on.  See if they flicker then.   Roly
have you tried a different brand.  I've been using led's for about 8 years (great on outside security lights).  Keep in mind they have more components then a typical bulb.  What I've read is some companies put in cheap components.  The led will last but the other components die or have problems.  I have had the flickering problem you mention.  Pulled it put another one in from the same pack works for awhile then starts up.   Pitched the pack, HD's ecosmart.  Put in a bulb from another brand.  Works great never a problem.  Just to see a basic light:

[Image: led-component.jpg]
mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy
These are the bulbs I'm using, starting to suspect they are the issue.  Got them on Amazon, they are sold by a company called Kohree (probably Chinese).  They were the only 5000k vintage bulbs I could find, most of them are 2700k or lower.  This link is to 4000k bulbs, but I bought some 5000k.

Light Bulb Link

[Image: 42555483135_1f5599b438_z.jpg]
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
(07-16-2018, 11:02 PM)BaileyNo5 Wrote: These are the bulbs I'm using, starting to suspect they are the issue.  Got them on Amazon, they are sold by a company called Kohree (probably Chinese).  They were the only 5000k vintage bulbs I could find, most of them are 2700k or lower.  This link is to 4000k bulbs, but I bought some 5000k.

Light Bulb Link

[Image: 42555483135_1f5599b438_z.jpg]
Take one of the bulbs and screw it it a table lamp and see if it flickers.  Roly
that's impressive that they could stuff all that circuitry into such a small space.  Not surprising that it doesn't quite work well.
I put three similar antique-look bulbs into our hanging kitchen luminaires over the island, and after a week, one started flickering in a very regular cycle.  It also became quite cloudy inside.  Took it back to Lowes and exchanged it for another, and it and the others have been fine for the last many months.  They're on a dimmer, but they're low output anyway, so we don't dim them.  But they will dim to about half output.

My first guess would be the bulb.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"