A question on Plane blades
Thanks Bandit I do use bees wax on the bottom.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(07-15-2018, 01:38 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Hmmm...ever wonder, when you pick up an old wooden plane, and notice how it is worn?    Could be because the original owner used that plane at a skew..even when jointing?

The ONLY planes I have in the shop, that I use...are the bevel down style.    Unless you count the block planes...which is the only place I have bevel up irons....and, no, I don't change those block plane irons.....I just change block planes..
Laugh ...from two kinds of low level  and then the "standard angle" block planes.  

One little tip, for pushing a plane.....rub a plain old candle across the sole of the plane...just a few squiggly lines will do....and HANG ON!.....be surprised how easy that plane is to push...
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Or do like the really "old timers" did...use tallow instead of wax......it's like adding ball-bearings to the sole......
Big Grin ...And it prevents rust.....
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset