HANDTOOLS: Stanley #5 C - Crispy, very Crispy SOLD
Here's a vintage Stanley #5, corregated, very crispy. Metal is solid with no cracks or issues, all original, japanning is 99.99%, rosewood is solid with no cracks, almost full iron; I squared off the iron, mated the chipbreaker and sharpened a 25 deg. bevel on the iron, its ready to go to work as can be seen from the pictures, pulls shavings nicely. No apologies. Very nice, and crisp plane, not much else to say, the pics tell the story. Will make someone a great user. Further attention to honing the iron will only improve performance. See pics in the Flickr album linked below.  Here's a teaser pic:

[Image: 28500864157_c4b9b461b1_b.jpg]

Yours for $65 plus shipping. First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority, and please include your full shipping address in the PM so I can print mailing labels and quote shipping. Sorry, I don't have paypal, I'm an old dog and that's a new trick, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum, then checks are just dandy.

Below is the link to the Flickr album so you can enlarge the pics and get a good look, she's a beaut.....
I have a feeling this won't last very long, so if you've got a puptent in your Wranglers for it, pull the trigger......

Link to Flickr album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...5813788942
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Admiral,

That will not last long, that is a beautiful example of a 5C!
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
Can't believe this is still here.  If I didn't have one that Tom reground, I'd be jumping on this.
(07-13-2018, 12:09 PM)Jim Wrote: Can't believe this is still here.  If I didn't have one that Tom reground, I'd be jumping on this.

Bump for a crispy #5C......
PM has been sent.  Gee, now you have to have 17 characters.
Herb
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
Plane is sold to Herb. Thanks to all for looking.
I found a 5C in my garage when I bought my house a few years ago. I'll have to figure out what type it is. What are the telltale signs?
Benny

(07-20-2018, 10:27 AM)bennybmn Wrote: I found a 5C in my garage when I bought my house a few years ago. I'll have to figure out what type it is. What are the telltale signs?

I use this, quick, easy to read.  Download it, and I always print out several copies as I lose them.  I don't have to refer to it often, but when I do it is a big help.

http://www.woodcentral.com/bparticles/pdatechart.pdf