Slope for underground solid PVC waste
I am replacing the clogged corrugated waste pipes from the gutter down spouts.  I know there needs to be a slope (1/4 per foot).  herein is my problem.  The pipe initially goes straight down, then needs to make a 90 degree turn.  How does one get to a proper slope when the first connection is 90 degrees?  I am using a Wye with a cleanout and really do not want it tilted.  The first horizontal leg is about 5 feet before it changes direction.
Normally there is enough deflection in the fitting/pipe connection to allow you to establish grade.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

(07-16-2018, 02:00 PM)blackhat Wrote: Normally there is enough deflection in the fitting/pipe connection to allow you to establish grade.

This.  Dig out behind the pipe that goes straight down so it can deflect slightly in the direction it needs to go.  Hook up the new pipe, establish grade and backfill that, then backfill around the vertical piece.    the horizontal run will also deflect some.
(07-16-2018, 02:00 PM)blackhat Wrote: Normally there is enough deflection in the fitting/pipe connection to allow you to establish grade.

Agreed ,1/4" per foot slope is just a little over 1 degree .   Should not be a issue.   Roly
Thanks all.   I tend to over think things.
If they are from the gutter downspouts they really don't need much slope
(07-16-2018, 01:25 PM)wannabedivin Wrote: I am replacing the clogged corrugated waste pipes from the gutter down spouts.  I know there needs to be a slope (1/4 per foot).  herein is my problem.  The pipe initially goes straight down, then needs to make a 90 degree turn.  How does one get to a proper slope when the first connection is 90 degrees?  I am using a Wye with a cleanout and really do not want it tilted.  The first horizontal leg is about 5 feet before it changes direction.

The landscaper I used had the one younger kid put his foot on the end of the PVC pipe where it daylighted at the end of the trench while he used the small tractor to backfill.  I PVC was flexible enough to give provide the required slope.