Any Fuji Semi Pro 2 Users Here?
I'm looking for feedback on the M style spray gun that comes with the Fuji Semi Pro 2. Are you happy with the performance of it or are you wishing you had the T70/75 or Gxpc gun? Did you go with the bottom feed or gravity feed? My only spray experience comes from what I am guessing was a conversion gun used in my high school shop class back in the late '80s and then the el cheapo from Rockler. I really can't justify spending the $650 and up for the 3-5 stage HVLP systems so that is why I am thinking the Semi Pro 2. I originally budgeted $300, but after some research (way too much actually) I decided to spend a little more than planned on the Fuji. I haven't really been able to find much posted about the M style gun so just trying to make sure I'm going to be happy with it. If I'm not, then I might as well spend the $650 and get the Mini Mite 3 with the better gun.

Mike J
I have had the Semi Pro 2 for a couple of years now and I am very happy with it. I have the bottom feed gun. I find it to be very easy to adjust and it lays down the finishes I have used very well. I typically only spray waterborne finishes (almost exclusively General Finishes stuff, but that's just my preference and it's readily available). I, too, had the Rockler cheap HVLP system as a starter system and it served me very well, but there is no comparison between the two. My budget and research led me to the Semi Pro 2 and I would recommend it.

Scott
A while back, I did the same research. Found the Sprayfine A401 4-stage (http://www.turbineproducts.com/sprayfine...ay-system/) for $550 and it included several accessories that often have to be bought separately. So far so good as a gun. I've used it to push everything from dyes, shellac, water-borne, BIN primer and even some pretty heavy latex-enamels. No problems.

Default gun is a cup-under style. This is also a bleeder gun so there is always air flowing. Not a big deal so long as you know this and work accordingly.

I have a pressurized top-cup gun too which is nice but hold less material. Weight is better on that one.

I've found their prices on consumable items like the filters and gaskets to be very reasonable too.

They also have a 3-stage for $450.

http://www.turbineproducts.com/hvlp-systems/
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Scott, thanks for the input.

Rob, I also looked at the Sprayfine and was tempted, but decided to go with the Fuji. I actually ended up going with the Mini Mite 3 and the Gxpc gun. Since my wife will be using it also I thought the gravity feed would be easier for her to handle. I gave her the pro and cons of the Semi Pro 2 and the Mini Mite 3 and asked her which one she thought sounded the best and she said the mini 3. I’m a lucky guy.

Mike J
(07-20-2018, 05:07 PM)MikeJ Wrote: Scott, thanks for the input.

Rob, I also looked at the Sprayfine and was tempted, but decided to go with the Fuji. I actually ended up going with the Mini Mite 3 and the Gxpc gun. Since my wife will be using it also I thought the gravity feed would be easier for her to handle. I gave her the pro and cons of the Semi Pro 2 and the Mini Mite 3 and asked her which one she thought sounded the best and she said the mini 3. I’m a lucky guy.

Mike J
The Fuji GXPC series guns are very nice.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin