Help me choose a Table Saw
(07-25-2018, 02:36 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Jim

Just seen this one is S&S for $300

https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...id=7341237

Arlin,
I saw that as well...I think it might be just the motor/starter/switch...Oops, and the 3 sheave pulley. Not a complete saw in other words...

Jim,
Congratulations on making the jump. Based on reviews and listed features, you have yourself quite a saw. Enjoy making sawdust
Smile
(07-25-2018, 02:36 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Jim

Just seen this one is S&S for $300

https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...id=7341237

For just 25 bucks more, you could have this gem of a Craftsman- complete with auto wood staining as it passes the top.

[Image: 00y0y_80855nvG99F_300x300.jpg]

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh  
Sarcasm

Sometimes you just gotta shake your head in amazement.
(07-25-2018, 04:20 PM)daddo Wrote:  For just 25 bucks more, you could have this gem of a Craftsman- complete with auto wood staining as it passes the top.

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh  
Sarcasm

Slap  How could I have missed this? To think, I wasted all that money on a new saw when I could have jumped on this one!
Laugh
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!
The new saw came yesterday. It's sitting on it's pallet in my shop while I finish the re-organization. Probably start putting it together tomorrow. I'll try to post a review of the process as I go.
Jim

(07-25-2018, 04:20 PM)daddo Wrote:  For just 25 bucks more, you could have this gem of a Craftsman- complete with auto wood staining as it passes the top.

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh  
Sarcasm

Shouldn't it be more now with the steel tariff in place? The pops are going up in prices I heard.

Simon
(08-02-2018, 07:47 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Shouldn't it be more now with the steel tariff in place? The pops are going up in prices I heard.

Simon
Don't know how - or if - the tariffs affected this price. It was unchanged for about the last 30 days on the website. 

I set aside some $$ each month for tools. When I decide I "need" a new widget, I look at the price and then the tool budget. Divide one into the other and that determines when I can buy it - unless something more attractive comes along.
Jim